Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"Mom! Is my name in God's special book?"

On March 02, 2015 Amelia was doing her Preschool work, through Abeka academy, when her teacher began to ask the students if their names were written in God's special book.  Some of the students began to raise their hands and tell their teacher that they knew their names were in that book. 
Amelia knew that she had to be saved in order for her name to be in that book. (The Lamb's Book of Life)
She paused her school and told me she wanted saved. I talked to her for a few minutes to make sure that she was serious. I could tell she was and she had tears in her eyes.
We went to my bedroom and kneeled down at my bench and we began to pray. (Yes, I stopped to get my phone first. I had to get this on camera!!)
 I was pretty impressed with her prayer. I say Kudos to not only her Abeka teachers, but also to all her teachers at church. My five year old knew how to pray and ask Jesus into her heart. 
My heart was melting. 


I listed the YouTube link above of some of her prayer. I didn't want her to know I was videoing her. 

After she got done praying I asked her if she felt like The Lord had saved her. Her reply was, "Yes!  I feel happy in my heart."


I asked her to raise her hands and praise Jesus for saving her. 

She was so bubbly and happy all day. 

She called her Daddy to tell him the good news. He was really excited for her. 

Titus?????  Not so much. Ha ha

His response was, "I pray and ask Jesus that stuff all the time and He won't do it!  I guess he will for Amelia though."  He scrunched up his nose and pouted. 

I'm going to have to work with Titus now. He is not happy about being the only one not saved in this family. Maybe he'll get serious now and actually get saved. 

Amelia has thoroughly enjoyed her salvation. I was in the back of the house when I heard her pray for her lunch. At then end of the prayer she thanked Jesus for saving her. It was so sweet!!

This morning when I woke her up I asked her if she was still saved. 
She grinned real big and said, "Yep!!  I didn't punch my brothers last night or this morning."  Ha ha

We are all excited that Amelia's name is now in God's special book. 

Is your name there????

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!
    I do give Abeka DVD teachers credit for encouraging them to be saved. For my girls, I believe hearing it every single day drove the need into their hearts and helped them realize early on that they needed salvation.

    ReplyDelete