Friday, January 1, 2016

Christmas Day 2015

Because I'm not a morning person, even on Christmas, I declared that Christmas didn't start until 8. We had dinner on Christmas Eve with the Parker family and the kids had a few new gifts to play with. Maynard and I had lots of gift wrapping to do and we needed these kiddos to get to bed. They were so excited that it was hard for them to go to sleep. 
We got busy wrapping and it didn't take too long because Maynard had done a lot of it earlier that day. 
We finally went to bed and I heard foot steps all night. I was beginning to think Santa  really had stopped by. Guess what??  He did. I caught him. 
He wasn't happy about me recording him though. Here's a link to what happened. 
I guess Santa was getting grumpy at the end of the night. 

I still heard footsteps running through the house all night. It even crossed my mind that maybe we were getting robbed like the Barclay's did on Oddsessey. Instead of getting up I just daydreamed about about how the community would help us and we would still have the best Christmas ever. Ha ha
Come morning I found out the footsteps actually belonged to Josiah. He said he kept going to check the clock on the stove to see if it was 8 O'Clock yet.
How cute is that? He probably only slept 2 hours all night. He was so excited he couldn't rest. 
Finally 8 came and they headed to the living room. I think I was the last to arrive. I had to tell Amelia to change into her Christmas  gown because apparently she fell asleep in an old T-shirt. That's just not appropriate attire for Christmas. 

Maynard read the Christmas story and they all pretended to listen and then soon it was time to open gifts. We started out in a mannerly fashion and then somehow it got crazy in there. 



Her favorite gift was an American Girl doll. She had her heart set on getting one and we found a great deal on this doll. 

Their favorite gift was of course their BB guns. I took a poll on IG to see how long Titus would have his gun before it got taken away. The answer was 5 days. Surprised it took that long. Most said 24 hrs. Lol
Just a hillbilly shooting targets out his bedroom window. 

Amelia also got a Cricket doll. I have had Corky since 1986. Cricket was on EBay for .99 cents and I couldn't pass her up. Amelia was overwhelmed with the 2 dolls and I should have saved one for her Birthday, but I couldn't wait.  
Brother and sister reunited again. 

While they played with their toys I cooked breakfast and we used our Christmas China again this year. 
I'm short one plate and need to find another one. 
Our breakfast included breakfast casserole, sausage links, tater tots, and Christmas shaped waffles. We also had cheese cubes and pepperoni to snack on before we left for Mamaw and Papaws. 

I did the dishes and Maynard kept trying to clean up behind the kids, but it was pretty much worthless in trying. 

Soon it was time to leave for Etown. We pulled out the driveway and I looked back to 3 kids sound asleep. They slept most of the whole way there. 
We got to  Mom and Dad's and the party started. We had sub sandwiches and party food to eat. 
We let all the kids open their gifts first. 



 The adults played White Elephant and Dirty Santa for our gift exchange.  It's always interesting and a lot of fun. We're always a tad disappointed when no one cries. Ha ha. Speaking of crying..... Mom totally cried when she opened her gift from us this year. Well, from Melissa (all her idea) me and Christy just helped pay for it. 

Since the next day was Saturday, Maynard didn't have to work. It was his first Saturday off since Thanksgiving. I napped on the couch while he ran toThrift  stores and the Goodwill.  We ate lunch with my family and them haded back home. 
By Sunday me and Josiah were pretty sick and didn't go to church. We went to urgent care and got shots and medicine. 
Now Christmas is over and we will be celebrating the new year soon. 

Glad for a fresh start. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. 

1 comment:

  1. I had a Cricket when I was a kid!! Loved that doll! Brings back memories seeing one again.

    ReplyDelete