Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I got to go shopping!!!

So last Saturday it was declared girl's day out. Being that I'm not really social with a whole lot of women, this only involved 2 of my friends at my church. I would love to say that my husband volunteered to watch all my kids and I enjoyed the day completely child free, but................. that's not exactly how it happened. Amelia is actually a girl. So, it was completely fair for her to be able to enjoy girl's day out with us, right??? Well, that was her dad's intake on the whole situation. Maynard did keep the boys and that was so helpful. We left around 9:30 Saturday morning and stayed gone until 11 o'clock that night. I had so much fun and Amelia was absolutely amazing. I never had not one problem out of her. She really shocked me at how good she was. She was perfectly happy to sit in her stroller and she even used the potty at about every bathroom stop we took. She enjoyed getting her own kid's meals and not having to share off of anyone's plate. But back to me, I think the Lord knew I needed a peaceful day and blessed me with a great one. I stopped in at Children's Place and got an awesome deal on Easter outfits for the kids. Yes, they match again, Duh!!! LOL Sorry, I know that Josiah keeps getting bigger and very soon that's going to be hard to do for much longer. I got all 3 outfits for $93. That's about what I spent on each suit alone last year by the time I got all the hemming done. Rephrase, by the time I paid to have the hemming done!!!!
Anyways, I was able to come home and be able to face everything again with a whole new breath. I love my kids, but sometimes, I just have to get away. Usually by a couple hours I'm ready to go home and see them again. I can't imagine being away from them for a whole night! Bedtime is a whole different story.
Well, duty calls! It's babygarten time at the library!!!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good day shopping! You deserved it. I love those good relaxing,do what you enjoy kind of days. Even though they rarely come by. We took the day off yesterday and goofed off in town a bit for hannahs bday. Had all the kiddos so shopping was at a snails pace. Lol Having bad storms right now so we've spent the whole morning in basement doing nothing....well maybe a little blog browsing!!!
    So I guess I got 2 days of goofing off in one week!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your 'breath of fresh air'..:) I love those days.. Darren knows I need it every once in a while,so he will take Moriah out and I can have quiet time to clean the house with NO interruptions! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one of those days today and it was amazing!! I left the house at 8am and shopped all day with my Mom and sister. I got home around 5pm. My wonderful husband took care of the kiddos. However, as soon as I walked in the door all of his responsiblities ended...lol. Of well, it was fun while it lasted. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok! I was totally amused by your first post! I even let James read it LOL! I am tickled that you got to go shopping and mad because you didn't invite me (just kidding)But, I am so looking for pictures....you know me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relaxing days are good. Relaxing days without kids....those are called miracles!

    ReplyDelete