Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Toto, We're Not In Kansas Anymore

As many of you know, we were hit with a horrible tornado last Friday night.  I am blessed to say that my family or home was untouched.  I wish I could say the same about some dear friends of mine.  A great church friend of mine lives in East Bernstadt where the tornado killed 5 people.  Her road is an absolute mess.  Her brother's trailer that sets real close to her house, was completely blown away.  He had took shelter with her in her basement and was fine, but her other brother was still in the trailer with his 2 small kids.  The storm threw him out along with his 7 yr old daughter and 3 yr old son.  He has suffered a few broken bones and ribs, but he is gonna be fine.  The 3 yr old boy was sent to UK hospital, but he is fine too.  I am so glad that they weren't hurt any worse than what they were.  Friday night was a fearful night for all of us and I hope we dont have to deal that again anytime soon.  Here's a few pictures, but honestly, pictures doesn't even give you a little hint of how bad this area looks. 

This is Michelle's Road.

Michelle's Driveway.

What's left of her brother's trailer.
Her neighbor's house.

More pics of her rd.

And what was going on at my house?????????????
According to Amelia we were hiding from the storm.  Anytime it thunders, she says, "Let's hide".  (Please don't judge me on my gothic storage room.  We have not touched this room in our house other than to keep piling it high with junk.  Evidently, there was a gothic teen who lived in this room and painted it black, yuck!)

Here's a video clip that Michelle's brother was interviewed on CBS if you guys want check it out to hear the story. I can't even begin to tell it all of what happened so check it out!!!!
http://cbsnews.com/video/eveningnews/
His name is Jason Jackson.  I hope I did this right.

4 comments:

  1. I watched the video twice and cried both times. We hid from the storm too. I'm so glad they are all o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God they are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You could feel the thankfulness in his face and voice! God is so merciful! Glad they are safe!! I am doing a memory project for the boys on the storm! It just don't seem like it should be happening here....something you see on the news or read in the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this made me cry! So glad God kept His hand on them!

    ReplyDelete