Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy 13th Wedding Anniversary, Maynard!

                                                                  March 27, 1999
Don't we look like little kids?  Not bragging or anything, but I think I still look the same, but Maynard looks so young.  Poor thing, being married to me has aged him over 13 years!

Here's a few pics, but they are not very good quality, this was pre-digital days.
My bridesmaids: (from left to right) *Tara Parker (Maynard's neice)
                                                      *Christy Hodge (My sister)
                                                      *Melissa Harper (My Youngest sister)
                                                      *Me (lol)
                                                      *Annette Walls (Maid of Honor)
                                                      *Angela Day (Oldest Sister)
                                                      *Rachel Grimes (2nd Cousin)




                                      I Loved my Cathedral train.  The favorite part of my dress.

                        Lighting of the unity candle.  Our preachers, Jim Suits and Kevin Prisock.

Our entire wedding party. (except my bible bearer, he was eating.  Said he hadn't had one bean that day) lol


Maynard's Groomsmen (left to right) *Terry Baker-Friend of Maynard's
                                                         *Michael Hodge- My brother-n-law
                                                         *Kenny Day- My brother-n-law
                                                         *Todd Harper- My brother
                                                         *Mike Carpenter- Best Man & pastor at the time
                                                         *Brian Harper-My oldest brother
                                                         *Jacob Harper- (1st little boy) my baby brother who is now
                                                                                   19 and getting married in June.  YIKES!
                                                         *Corey Fugate-Friend of Maynard (The one who left to go eat, ha!)


Aren't my flowers beautiful? I would still choose the same boquet today if I had too!


                       I love this man, ya'll! I am such a blessed person to have him in my life!


Ever tried to cross arms and drink punch with someone who is 6ft 6in tall? I don't think we ever got a true sip!


See me in our car? That is all dress in there.  It took 2 people to shove my dress all the way in the car!

Anyways, just thought ya'll might want to stroll down memory lane with me. I can't hardly believe it has been 13 years already.  13 years and 3 kids later! I am truly blessed.  Yeah I whine and complain, but I am so happy with my life.  God gave me a promise when I was a teenager that said, "I will instruct you and teach you in the ways that thou shalt go and I will direct thy paths." Psalms 32:8.  Well, here I am today.  Maynard and I have been through a lot.  A few car wrecks, death in families, church trials, unemployment, and other hard battles, but look where we are today! Maynard works hard to provide for us and I get to stay at home and raise our children.  We are blessed to send our 6 year old to a christian school.  I used to have a great job and made good money with great benefits.  I had opportunities left and right to succeed and keep moving up.  But what happened? God blessed me with a baby and changed my priorites.  Money isn't important to me anymore.  Yeah, I like it and it makes life easier, but I'm where I'm supposed to be and wouldn't change a thing!

I'm gonna leave ya with a quote of something Maynard said to me when we first got engaged, :
"I'm glad God gave you me".  Oops, did he really say that? Lol  Yes, he did.  We have laughed so hard over the years about that.  He meant to say he was glad God gave me to him, but got messed up! ha ha  Love it!!


7 comments:

  1. I love "love" stories! Thanks for sharing. Y'all make such a cute couple....not the best looking couple according to Lilianna though. Kenny and Angela got ya beat on that one! ( inside joke.....have to explain it to you someday.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMY, HOW SWEET!MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BEING MARRIED TO THE ONE GOD CREATED FOR US!THERE IS NOTHING LIKE MARRIED LIFE,ITS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND MANY MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! And yes, your wedding was the last one I've been in. I probably still have the dress somewhere. Your wedding was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Amy!!! You are so funny!!! I love reading your stories! And I SO WELL remember the day you got married! I remember "catching" the bouquet and had to give it back because it bounced off the ground first and someone else walked away with it... LOL!!! Don't worry.. No hard feelings.... Funny now! I was going through my pics the other day and saw some of YOUR wedding pictures! I was like, wow!! Denise was HUGE!!! LOL!!! She was about a month away from having Jordan! :) Hope you had a wonderful anniversary! Sorry I missed telling you on that day, but this is the first I've been on here in a week, probably.. Love ya girl!! Keep the stories coming!! Glad we've been able to re-connect! :)

    ReplyDelete