Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ladies Retreat

Yes, it's true!!! I got to go away for the night and a whole day with a friend of mine.  We left on Friday night and went to Brooks, Ky to Baymont Inn for the night.  We didn't arrive until around 10:30 and that was because we just had to stop in Richmond and eat at Olive Garden.  I keep saying "we", but haven't told you who "We" is.  Ha!  Michelle Durham from my church went with me.  It was good for me to just get away and have some me time and she needed to get away from all the East Bernstadt drama for awhile.
The retreat started at 9 Saturday morning.  The theme was, "Behold the Bridgroom Cometh" and it was all based on wedding decor.  I enjoyed myself so much! I hope to get to go back next year and bring some more friends with me.  Here are a few pic.  I'm not gonna go on and on about each detail because, well, because, I don't know.  I really don't want too. Ha

                            This is the main meeting room we were in.  It was decorated so pretty.


This reminded me of our honeymoon.  Maynard took the J and T off of just.  So we drove around Gatlinburg all week with our car saying, "US MARRIED".

Here is our row of family and friends.  Notice Angela posing for the camera.  I love this picture because I am pretty sure I'm not into the teaching at all.  I have got to be focused on hearing the winning ticket #!!! Ha






The dinner area was beautiful! Not to mention the food was amazing.  We even had wedding cake for dessert.  Yep, my whole trip cost me right around 3 pounds.




And just because I usually follow through with a threat, here's my friend Michelle thinking she got to keep the coffee pot because after all, she is a tornado victim. Ha!!!!!

Next week is so Easter Pics time.  I am so excited so keep watching.

5 comments:

  1. I think I recognize that plate! Why didn't you take a picture of your OWN plate and email it to YOUR husband instead of MINE!!!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that incident. Your plate was so much more full than mine and it made a great picture!!! I am innocent of your husband getting ahold of that picture. Last I checked, he had his own email address!! lol

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! That looks wonderful! You'll have to share when stuff like that is happening so the rest of us can join in. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a last min decision for me. But next year, I will try to get the word out becuase it was so fun and great fellowship with God's people. (and good food too, ha)

      Delete
  3. I love the serious focus on your face in that 3rd one! And I forgot that was Angie's plate until I saw her comment! LOL!

    ReplyDelete