Friday, March 22, 2013

Taking the plunge and going on vacation.

Maynard is in transition of beginning a new job. He had a week off between jobs and decided we needed a real vacation. He has only been off for major holidays in 3 yrs. Never got a vacation or sick day, so he is ready for some well deserved relaxation. We leave in the morning for Gulf Shores, Alabama. We have a nice condo reserved with a private beach. My kids have never been to the beach and they have been begging to go for awhile now. So now is our chance. But........if ya'll have been reading my blog for awhile now then you know that all trips usually end up in somewhat a disaster. There are 365 days and 52 weeks in a year. It never fails that we choose the week or day to go on a trip that one of our kids will be sick. Well, how's this for starters? Ya'll know how sick my kids have been all winter, right? They have had every virus and sickness going around it seems. I figured they would all be well for awhile, but things took a dreadful turn when I realized my kids came in contact with the flu in our church. I didn't freak out because we done been down that road. Well, lo and behold! Did you know that there are more than one strain of the flu and you can catch them all? Yeah, well I didn't. Just in a blink of an eye Amelia got real sick and started a fever. I started her on an antibiotic because I figured she might have strep from the boys 10 days prior. She got worse and lethargic so I took her to the dr. I was right. She had strep. But she also has strand B flu. I explained to her Dr that it wasn't possible because she already had the flu and I was fixing to leave for the beach. I was in shock. The dr gave me tamaflu for her and the boys as precaution. She has had her fever spike to over 104 two different times. She is one sick little girl. Then I look over at Titus and he is pale and shivering. Now he has a temp. All night I chilled and ached all over. I know we all laugh at my crazy family adventures, but this time will ya'll please pray that this flu will be mild and we will be able to enjoy our much needed vacation? Maybe eventually we can laugh together about this, but right now I am so disappointed. We still plan on going, being that our room is non-refundable. I will try to get my blog updated before I get back.

9 comments:

  1. Oh no! I will keep y'all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means alot. Thanks. Hopefully this trip won't be as entertaining as the prior ones. Ha ha

      Delete
  2. We are praying! I know I love and need vacations, and I don't have kids, so I can only imagine how much y'all need this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I will be praying for all of you! We all need our time away! I pray God blesses you all with a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying! It is good to get away from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things got so busy that I forgot to ask you about Amelia when she left and was feeling yuck the other day! I have been on vacation and had to call home and have antibiotic sent to the nearest WM...Well, maybe some coastal air will fix them right up I found it to be true! We will be praying! Hope you guys have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx, Sarah. I had no idea she had the flu. It shocked me. Sure hope no one else gets sick at school.

      Delete
  6. Awe God Love your Heart!! I will def. be praying for all of you!!! Have a fun and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete