Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pirate Party Father's Day

My title says Pirates Party Father's Day. It was a Father's Day celebration at the library. Very similar as to what I posted before like the Mother and Me tea. Except this was for Fathers and sons and it was pirate themed. 

Now I believe I say this every post, but Maynard had to work. I was gonna avoid the whole thing and hope my boys just didn't read the announcement anywhere. Clearly, Maynard wasn't going to be able to go and I'm not aware of anyone else that would be willing to take them. 

My boys did begin noticing the announcement of the Pirate Party. They began asking to go, but I tried to explain that it was a party for boys and Daddy had to work. 

Then Ms. Leah came up to me one day at story hour and asked if I had signed the boys up yet. I explained I hadn't because their Dad had to work. She told me it didn't matter and that last year there were more Moms than Dads. I'm not sure if that means that Daddy's are busy working or just not cool enough for stuff like that. Lol. 

After being reassured that I could bring the boys I went ahead and signed them up. They drove me CRAZY asking if it was time to go to the Pirate party yet. 

They didn't really have anything pirate themed to wear so we took a trip to Walmart and bought T-shirts and fabric paint. 

Maynard is a pretty good artist and so I was hoping he would help the kids design their shirt. 



 Amelia had to have a shirt too. 

I thought they turned out pretty awesome. They enjoyed painting their shirts and only had little assistance. Amelia followed instructions really well. 

Finally the big day had arrived. Oh you know I went and got free pirate hats from Long John Silvers. Ha ha

I made sure Amelia was attended to in the children's department with Miss Mary for story and craft. I was just a few feet away from her in the Community room with the boys. 

And guess what???  I was in fact the only "mom" there. That's ok. The children's department employees were all women and I knew them so it didn't bother me. Until Josiah and Titus parked themselves at another table with a man and a little boy. When they got up to get their food I moved their stuff over to my table. Ha ha. I wasn't going to spend "Father's day" sitting by myself. Lol


Some of the food. Cute ideas. 






After the boys ate their snacks they got to  paint a bandanna. 



Then they played a game of Pirate Bingo and won books. 

At the end of the party Amelia showed up. Titus was so upset that she was in there, but I had to remind him that he came to her Tea party at the end too. 

I was actually suprised she didn't show up until then. She understood it was a party for the boys and was ok with that. As long as she had a pirate shirt to wear!!!

My boys enjoyed themselves and I thought it was great. 

Maybe next year Maynard will be able to take them and I can go back to sipping tea. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had a library like yours...pooh. :)

    ReplyDelete