Sunday, June 29, 2014

The first month of summer break!!

Some days I pray for rain. Not just a little shower either. I want it to rain all day. Why??
These kids want to go somewhere every single day. I have to do some housework and wash clothes every now and then. So I've figured if it rains then we have to stay home and I can get some work done. 
I do like to keep them busy though. Especially all the free stuff offered in our community. 
The summer reading program has started at the library and they have special shows every week that we have been attending. The first one was about clowns. It was probably my favorite show ever. It was very cute and entertaining. I love hearing my kids do their loud belly laughs. We took Ethan along with us. My kids love him. Especially Amelia. She told him she was going to marry him when they grow up. 


Josiah and Amelia both got picked to come up and balance a peacock feather. Let me rephrase that. Josiah got picked and Amelia just went up on her own. 

Josiah was actually pretty awesome at it. Amelia kept getting help by Cherry the clown. 

The kids have also enjoyed playing outside. We were at the park one day and seen them playing this.....
I'm pretty sure Josiah was getting crucified.   These kids have big imaginations and I love it!

Maynard had to have surgery the next week and I wasn't sure what I was going to do about my kids. I knew they wouldn't be allowed back with me and Maynard  and I didn't want to leave them alone in the waiting area by themselves. They got passed around so much during my MIL's sickness that I was too embarrassed to ask anyone for help. Except I happened to realize that my parents would be in that week for youth camp here in town. Problem solved. Mamaw to the rescue. Ha ha
God love it's heart. 

My kids had a blast at youth camp and kept asking us to take them back all week. We ended up going a couple days. 
I hoped that my kids wanted to go to youth camp to get closer to God, but I soon realized it was the "all you can eat donuts" and golf cart rides with Papaw. Apparently a ride with Papaw was better than a roller coaster any day. 
On Thursday of youth camp, my little nephews were needing a break so I offered to take them with me to the Silly safari show at the library. 
They were petting frogs here with that creepy bird just daring them to touch it. 

Eww eww. 
My brave boys!!  Amelia had nothing to do with it!!  She did pet the bunny and the dog though. 

The next show at the library was a bird show from the Cincinatti zoo. He had all kinds of creepy birds with him. My favorite was probably the penguin though. 
After we got home from the program I looked up to see Titus doing this:
 Does it look similar to this:

Ha ha. I love it. Titus had a Christmas stocking on his hand with a stuffed duck on a leash. Very similar to this bald eagle on a glove and a leash. Titus doesn't miss a detail. 

Maynard had some unexpected days off work for a week, but we couldn't leave town because he was on call. We loved having him home with us and done as much as we could together. 
The kids were begging to go swimming, but it was pouring the rain outside. It was Maynard's last day off and we didn't  know what we could do. We still couldn't leave town so I had a brainstorm. 
It was midweek and most motels are empty so we rented a local room here in town. We swam and swam to our hearts content. 



Then we ordered pizza. These kids were out like a light!  Swimming will wear you out. 

Amelia didn't like sharing a bed with her brothers so I fixed her up a bed in 2 chairs. She told me she was "hotel sick". I think she meant homesick though. Ha ha. She is my only child that doesn't like to stay away from home very long. I mean we were seriously only 5 miles from home. Maynard offered to take her home to sleep. I guess he was missing his bed too. 

The next morning Maynard had left for work and we got up and ate breakfast. I'll admit I even enjoyed making my own waffle. 
Yes Amelia is wearing her gown. Her clothes got wet from the cooler that leaked so it was all she had to wear. I feel like I need to mention that she wore this gown just fine last year. It barely covers her behind now. So she has gotten so tall. 
After they ate they got to swim some more. They made a couple of friends in the pool this time that brought along pool toys. 
I had to make them get out because it was almost 11 and checkout time. They were sad to leave!!!

This is getting to be a long post so I'll end it for now and do another post soon. We've been on several play dates and different things and there's no way I can blog about it all. 
I just want people to know that you can still have a good summer without spending a fortune and stay close to home. You just have to know what's going on around ya in your hometown. 

2 comments: