Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring Break 2015

Spring break has come and gone. I can honestly say that I enjoyed having my kids home this past week. They behaved and played together so well with each other. It was a nice week off. We had lots of rain so we didn't have too many options in what we could do. 

Monday and Tuesday we stayed home during the rain and I got some housework done and the kids cleaned their rooms. 

Wednesday we decided to get out for awhile. First stop was the library where the kids read books and played on the computer. Then I had to go to Corbin to pick up my glasses. Of course the kids were starved by then so we went to the McDonalds Playplace. While the kids were playing, I looked up to see the Cumberland Falls sign. My mind began to go in overdrive. 
"Should I take them to Cumberland Falls?"
"The sun is finally shining?"
"I've never driven there before by myself with just the kids."
"I'm only 15 miles away."
"The kids would love it."
"Can I handle all 3 kids by myself?"
"Will Titus mind me and not jump in the water?"

I debated and debated and finally mentioned it out loud to the kids. 

"YES!!!  Please, Mom. We promise we will obey you."
"Can we get ice cream there", asked Amelia. 

We left McDonalds and headed for the Falls. I am so glad I took them. They were little angels and so very appreciative that I took them on an adventure. 

The water was muddy and raging from all the rain we have had lately. It was still pretty and the sun would peek through the clouds every now and then. 


We walked along and went on some trails. It wasn't very crowded and we enjoyed taking our time and having fun. 
Titus and Amelia climbed every rock they could and posed for a picture. Josiah was a little more reluctant. 
Shew!!  That boy is quick on his feet!!


After we walked and climbed around we decided to go back and look at the mining thing they had set up. 

You could go buy a bag of dirt and sift for gems, jewels, and fossils. 
Well y'all know I'm not gonna pay for a bag of dirt, so we just played in the water finding fragments other people left. When I say we, I am in fact talking about myself because it was a lot of fun treasure hunting. 
My boys made some friends with experts who gave them lots of advice and tips. 

They may have gotten a tad dirty. 
I let them play until about 4 when the park came to close that part down. We needed to head home anyway because we had church that night. 
Since the snack bar wasn't open for the season yet, we stopped at a store for slushies. 
I can't even tell you how many hugs, thank you's, and "I love you's" I got that day. My kids had a good time and they we're thankful for the time we spent together that day. I am so glad I did take them on that adventure. I also kind of like that the older my kids get the easier it seems to be in doing stuff like that together with them. 

Thursday we woke up to some beautiful sunshiny weather. I texted some friends to get to the park stat!!  We got there about 11:30 and didn't head home until after 4. 
There's a new park here in town that has a skateboarding park. Titus found a skateboard in the woods, near the park, so he thought he would try it out. I was a nervous wreck. Thankfully, he didn't get too brave and only sat on it going down the ramps. Of course, I had to walk away because I couldn't stand to hardly watch that. 
We enjoyed the sunshine, a picnic, and just being with friends. 

Friday was our last official day of spring break. The kids had asked all week to go to "Mr Sketti's" so I thought I would treat them for lunch. Plus, Josiah had won a free kids meal in his Easter egg so that was a plus. 

Amelia ate a salad, with no dressing, and goldfish. She said she was sick of pizza. Ha ha 
This goes to prove they don't like Gatti's for their food!!!

I used the money we saved on Josiah's meal to use in the game room. 

I took pictures but they were too dark. 

We left there and ended up at the library again. They had a special program and the kids wanted to go. 

All too soon it was over and they went back to school today. 

I really did miss them, but they were anxious to get back. 

1 comment:

  1. Wish you could of made it over here for a little visit....pooh.

    ReplyDelete