Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Operation Christmas Child

I have heard about Operation Christmas Child for a few years now, but have never participated. This year our church wanted it's members to fill 100 boxes. I was excited at the opportunity to get involved. We picked up 3 boxes. One for each of my kids. Maynard and I took the kids to Walmart and we had a lot of fun shopping for our boxes. 

We went over our budget. Like way over. Thankfully my Mom pitched in and gave us some money in on it. 

We came home and they got busy trying to get everything to fit in their box. 

Amelia's box had the following items (what I can remember)
Gloves
Toboggan
Socks
Barbie
Cup
Silverware
Soap
Play doh
Harmonica
Toothbrush/Paste
Notebook
Coloring book
Crayons
Candy

She also had fun filling out her paper for the child. She told them her favorite food was rice and beans. Which makes me laugh because the boxes are going to foreign countries and that's probably all they get to eat. 



Titus' box had:
Gloves
Toboggan
Socks
Cup
Silverware
Soap
Play doh
Harmonica
Toothbrush/Paste
Notebook
Coloring book
Crayons
Candy
Soccer ball/pump
Hot wheels

I'm glad I double checked Titus' paper because he gave them my phone number. Ha ha 


Josiah's box was the same as Titus's. 

After the boxes were filled, they were delivered to the church and the church prayed over them before they were delivered. 

This is something I pray we get to do every year. I just wish I could see the child's faces as they open their gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment