Thursday, August 10, 2017

Last Day of School 2016-2017

Technically, school starts in 4 days and I'm just now posting about their last day of school.  It's ridiculous I know, but I blame it on my Blogger app.  I'm just going to add pictures and maybe a few words to explain.  I'm not even going to do a comparison picture of previous years.  You can look at last years post if ya want.  I'm in a hurry. Ha Ha


My kids had a very happy and successful year.  Josiah loved being in middle school, Titus thrived in 3rd grade, and Amelia was a very happy 1st grader.  I also loved the school year too.  I was a teacher's aide for middle school and kindergarten part time.  It's hard to not fall in love with those kids.  I have been out of school for 20 years so, I had to work hard to be able to help these students.  I was surprised at what I did remember though and actually enjoyed the challenge of relearning a lot of things.















 The last day of school is also their awards service every year.  It's what they love and look forward to every year.  It's rewarding for all their hard work.


I'll start with Josiah.
I know he's mine and this may sound like bragging, but he's so smart.  However, he made the school year a bit stressful because he made everything so difficult.  He memorized everything he did.  Refused any shortcuts (besides getting his mom or other classmates to score for him).  So he made lots of 100's on his tests.  His goal chart was covered in Gold stars.  I just wished he would relax more.  As long as he stays on honor roll, I don't expect perfect test scores.  Hopefully, we have  a better year and he doesn't stress himself out so much.  I am very pleased with his grades and all his hard work this year.  He received the following awards.







Character award-Authenticity
Excellent attendance
Jr convention certificate
Honor roll
Scripture-memorized book of Ruth
Basketball certificate


Now for Titus......





 Bible award-read all 4 gospels
Academic-Creative Writing
Excellent Attendance
Character Award-Compassion
Honor Roll
Scripture-Memorized the book of Ruth
Reading challenge award
Jr convention award


Amelia...........








Bible award-Life of Christ
Academics-Math
Citizenship Award
Character award-Patience
Scripture-memorized the book of Ruth
Reading challenge-140 books
Honor roll


I'm very proud of them and hope they have an even better year this fall.


Amelia's class had dress up career day and she chose to be a Mommy!  There was no talking her out of it and it made my heart proud.

I also had to tell my kindergarteners bye!  They were crazy and I loved their crazy!!











No comments:

Post a Comment