Thursday, August 10, 2017

LCA Zoo Field Trip



We decided to take Kindergarten through 2nd grade to Knoxville zoo for their big field trip of the year.  I decided to put myself in charge to try and get the best deal and to also arrive and depart safely.  Not that anyone else couldn't do that, but it's how I do!!!


Since we would be getting back home after school that evening, we had to take our boys along too,  Josiah was extremely excited, but Titus was a little bit angry for having to miss his class that day.  I think they had something planned fun too.


Maynard took a vacation day to be our driver that day.  We were very thankful for him.


We all met in the parking lot bright and early only to have our church van refuse to start.  We finally got into a smaller church van and was on our way an hour behind schedule.


We had perfect zoo weather!  Such a gorgeous day and everyone had a great time.  We split into groups and would occasionally run into each other throughout the day.  I got stuck being in charge of my kids, but I usually do.  Ha Ha  We also had another boy that we kept up with too.  That cheered Titus up a bit.  He had fun too.  Don't let him fool you.


I'll drop a few pics for this post.  A zoo is a zoo.  Not much I can say.


Group Photo, but some kids had already left.






Our Tram driver seemed to think we were a little crazy.  He may have mentioned we were his loudest crew that day.



If you look closely, my little buddy was trying to keep Maynard from sitting next to me.



Maynard took tons more pics, but I never did get them from him.  I may get them later and add them to this post.
By the end of the day, they were burning up and there was a wading pool.  I'm sure all the other responsible parents or staff members didn't allow their children to get wet.  I told my group they could wade.  They mistook wading for jumping in.  Before you knew it, we had kids coming out of everywhere joining in.  So we had some wet kids traveling home, but I'm sure it felt wonderful to them.







1 comment:

  1. You all have way more nerve that I! LOL! Especially with my child being in that group! LOL! We sure appreciate all that you all done! I know it was a challenge!

    ReplyDelete