Friday, July 14, 2017

Mother's Day and my birthday 2017

I'm trying so hard to get caught up on my blog posts.  Here it is a month until school starts and I haven't even blogged about the last day of school yet.  I'll get to it, I promise.


Mother's day was May 2014.  All I wanted for Mother's day was 2 ferns to hang on my front porch.  I've never had a front porch before and I couldn't wait to hang ferns.  Of course, I wanted to be subtle and not come right out and ask for them.  So one day I went to Krogers with the kids and as we walked by all the plants and flowers outside, I mentioned, "Ya'll need to tell Daddy that I want 2 of these Boston Ferns.  They have to be just like these, ok?"  Then, I didn't really think of it that much anymore.  Maynard always takes the kids shopping the night before Mother's day.  They love it!!


That evening I had to get something out of the back of the van and I found a pink flower petal.  I was kind of disappointed because I was afraid that Maynard had bought me the hanging baskets with flowers and all I wanted was the ferns.  Ha Ha  So, I prepped myself that the next morning I wouldn't be getting my ferns and it would be ok.


Maynard surprised me with breakfast from McDonalds and then he did all the ironing for church. 


When it was gift time I was told to close my eyes.  One by one, the kids brought me little flowers for me to plant in the yard.  One even had pink petals.  Then Maynard came out with my 2 ferns!!!  Yay!!!  So I got my ferns after all.  One day I will learn to quit being so nosey!!!


We went to church and took a few pics in front of the Mother's Day back drop.


We ate lunch at Gondoliers and I got cheesecake for dessert!!
Then they all let me enjoy my Sunday nap.


Amelia and I also got to attend the Mother/Daughter's tea party at the library.  She loves going to this every year.  I'll take her as long as she's old enough to go.

















She was so torn between wearing her princess dress or for me and her to wear matching dresses.  She finally decided we should match. 


She made several crafts and even got her annual jewelry haul in her treat bag.


So I had a very special Mother's Day and I'm thankful for the gift of being a mother. 


I am also thankful for my Mom who taught me how to be a good Mom!






My birthday was soon after Mother's Day so I'll just post a couple pictures of that instead of another post.


I woke up on my birthday and could hear the kids rummaging around the kitchen.  They kept peeking at me through my bedroom door so I pretended to be a sleep so I wouldn't ruin their surprise.  They came to get me and told me to come to the kitchen with my eyes closed.


 The kids had made me a candle-lit birthday breakfast.  Josiah made the sausage and eggs.  Amelia made the toast and cut up the banana.  Titus lit all the candles.  My present was from Titus and it was his fidget spinner.  I thought this was super sweet.


We had my birthday dinner at Dave's Steakhouse and then I wanted an ice-cream cake from Dairy Queen.
 I also got a fitbit for my present.  I did really well with it at first, but now it's starting to loose its effect.


I am 39 and holding.  Why am I dreading turning 40 so bad?  I remember crying when my Mom turned 40 because I thought she was getting old.
Oh, my cat decided to bring me a birthday present too!!





No comments:

Post a Comment