Thursday, June 29, 2017

Titus and Amelia's Baptisim

I am one happy Mom!  All of my children have been saved and baptized now.  We had a baptisim service on May 7, 2017.  It was kind of quick notice so my family wasn't able to attend due to other plans.  I was disappointed about that, but my kids didn't want to wait any longer.  Josiah had already been baptized so it was Titus and Amelia's turn.


Now, you may have noticed that I hadn't done a blog about Titus getting saved yet.  His salvation was one that I didn't witness so I felt I had to watch him to see how I felt about it.  Ha ha  I know that sounds terrible, but here's his story.


April 25, 2015 was the day before Maynard's birthday.  Titus and Josiah were in their room praying before bed.  Maynard and I was already in bed.  Both boys came running into our room and Josiah announced, "Titus just got saved!"  Titus was smiling and looked at Maynard and said, "Yep!!  I got saved for your birthday, Dad!!!"


So, you can see why I may have doubted that.  Ha Ha  Anyway, the last 2 years when the opportunity would arise I would always ask him whether he was saved or not.  No matter how I questioned him or even tried to get him to say he wasn't saved, he always declared he was and I couldn't talk him out of it.  So if he feels like he's saved than who am I to question him about it or not!  Just because I didn't have the sweet moment with him like I did my other children, doesn't mean he didn't get saved.  Salvation is that simple.  I think people make it more difficult than it needs to be.


So when it was announced that there was going to be a baptisimal service at our church, Amelia and Titus were both ready.


We ended up with 11 of our young people getting baptized that night.  How exciting!  We have such a great group of kiddos in our church.  They truly love the Lord and want to do what's right.


Titus was the only boy out of 8 girls.

They all went in order of their ages.  Look at that tall girl next to last in line.  Looks like she should be up closer in line.


Titus testifying.








Amelia's turn.



  Now Amelia had this big long testimony ready.  She had practiced and practiced, but when it was time to testify, she only got out, "I want to thank the Lord for saving me!"  She said she got too nervous.  So cute!!






She had a smile in all her pictures.
 I had both of them pack extra clothes to change into.  They just got baptized in their church clothes, because it was just water and wouldn't hurt their clothes.  That way they only had to change one time.  I got so tickled when I realized Titus had chosen a Goodwill bag to pack his extra clothes in.  No shame!!!  Ha Ha
I'm thankful for my church who don't leave the little children out.  They stress salvation and the bible to them every chance they get.  Going to a Christian school has been an added bonus to them as well!!!


I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.  3 John 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment