Thursday, June 1, 2017

Easter 2017

The week before Easter the kids had activities planned at school.  I decided to make Resurrection Rolls with Kindergarten through 2nd grade.  We had a lot of fun making them and it was so yummy to eat.
Amelia making her resurrection roll.

Kindergarten Class making their rolls.

1st-2nd Class making their rolls.
1st through 2nd accused me of stealing Jesus.  When they bit into their roll, Jesus, the marshmallow, was gone.  It was a cute lesson about the resurrection of Jesus just in time for Easter.  This is probably a tradition we will continue to do every year.


The younger classes also got to have an egg hunt that day.



Josiah's class didn't hunt eggs.  It's sad when they start growing up. His teacher played games with his class so he still had fun.


Friday night I realized we hadn't dyed eggs yet.  I was in town getting last minute things so I picked up what we needed to dye eggs.  We didn't even get started on it until 11 at night.  This is something Maynard always does with the kids.  I try not to help because I tend to want to take control and I kind of ruin the fun.
The next day we went to E-town for the Harper Easter dinner.  We had a cookout at Mom and Dad's.  All the cousins, but one, was there.  We had so much fun.  At one time or another one of the aunt or uncles was playing games with the kids.  It was perfect weather outside for a cookout.  They played kickball and volleyball and lots of other games.  They also got lots of candy and money on their egg hunt.  See, egg hunts at Mamaw's has no grandchild age limit.  I'm not sure what the cut off is and it makes me sad to even think about them all growing up.




All the grandkids, but one.

Dad and Mom
We had a lot of fun and took some tired kiddos home.  The next morning was Easter Sunday and they were excited.















I got them all a chocolate bunny and a special drink.  The rest was socks and underwear.  My kids are actually always appreciative of new socks and underwear.  They had gotten enough candy from school and my parent's house that they didn't need a lot of candy anyway.


We got dressed, took a few pictures and headed to church.  It was a rainy day.  The kids actually had to have their egg hunt in the classrooms at church.  I didn't get any egg hunt pictures because everything got a little crazy.  Here are our family Easter pictures.


Amelia was excited to be matching her Mom!



We had a great Easter with wonderful services.   Thankful for my family and a risen Saviour!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment