Friday, June 16, 2017

Suprise Disney on Ice trip

So several months back I asked Amelia if maybe one day she would like to go to Disney on Ice.  She had to ask questions because she wasn't too sure what it even was.  Her most important question was "Do we get to skate too?"  As most of you know she's really into skating right now.  I told her "no", that we only watch the Disney characters skate.  Her reply was, "BOORRING!!!!"  So we never really talked about it much anymore because I knew I would get the same response, even though I knew she would love it if she went.  I hadn't even checked to see when the next show would be.


One day my friend Heather asked me if I was interested in going with them to Disney on Ice.  This was right in the middle of us still living at the Hotel and I was a little hesitant to say "Yes".  She had 2 extra tickets at a reasonable price and did Amelia and I want to go?  We could even ride to Lexington with her.  I talked to Maynard about it and we both agreed that the boys would rather do something else and he absolutely didn't want to go.  Ha Ha  I told her would go with her and Amelia and I would have a "Girls day out" and daddy would do something fun with the boys.


Here's a video of when she first found out she was going.  I thought I was videoing the first part when I actually told her, but I wasn't.  I had her a special shirt made to wear that day and that's what I gave her to surprise her. 
She found out at school, the day before, that her friend Lacie was going to Disney on Ice.  Then she continued to beg all day about going.  Lacie wasn't supposed to mention it and she had accidentally found out herself that she herself was going.  I kept telling Amelia that we would go maybe next time.  She was so persistent, but I wanted to surprise her so bad and she wasn't letting me.


The boys were kind of mad, which I suspected, but Maynard took them and spent the whole day with them.  They got to go bowling and ate at Taco Bell.  They were happy with that, so all was well.


As far as our trip, it was great!!!  Absolutely wonderful.  Amelia took it all in.



 
 We enjoyed the show and even enjoyed our snacks that was hidden in our purses.  Sorry, I'm not paying $25 for popcorn, Disney!
Snow White and the 7 Dwarves were my favorite.


My pictures were saved from my Instastory so that's why they look different here.  I did do a few pics and live vidoes on Instagram so my boys could see some of it.  I didn't video the whole time though like this lady did.


She videoed her grand kids the whole time during the show.  You can see in the picture that she was using my legs to help hold up her arm.  I was laughing so hard I couldn't even tell Heather what was wrong.  I just had to motion with my eyes.


We got to see an awesome show of Tangled.  It was really amazing and captivating.  There was Snow White, Cinderella, Micky and Minnie, Donald Duck, and so many more.  I am so glad we had the opportunity to go.




So glad that I got to be with my friends and Amelia got to be with her friends on such a fun day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment