Friday, December 29, 2017

Jr Convention 2017

Our school hosts Jr Convention and our younger kids, ages 9-12 love it!!!  They get to compete against other schools in all kinds of different events.  Last year was my kids first year participating.  This year they understood more of what to expect and were even more excited.  This would be Josiah's last year to compete and he wanted to do as much as possible. 


It was a full day at our local 4-H camp and we had beautiful weather.  I stayed pretty busy helping in the concession stand and working with the middle school students for kitchen duty.  I didn't get many pictures.


Weeks leading up to convention we had lots of practice for the ones participating in singing and public speaking.  I was asked to help lead the group bible speaking.  We put expression and actions while quoting Daniel chapter 3:1-18.  It was a lot of fun, but a lot of pressure too.  They ended up doing great and I was really proud of them.  I have tried so hard to get their video of them practicing uploaded, but I'm having technical difficulties.  Maybe check my You-tube channel later to see if I uploaded it there.


Here they are practicing in the classroom one day.














 




Here is what my boys placed in:


Josiah
Male solo 2nd place  He sang "Chain Breaker"
Large ensemble 1st place  His school sang "I Choose Christ"
Group Bible Speaking 1st place They quoted and acted out Daniel Chapter 3:1-18
Social Studies research on the American Flag 3rd place
He wrote a poem called "Waves" 2nd Place
He participated in shot put and won 3rd place
He received 6th place in the Pace Bowl which is academic knowledge type questions
He won 1st place in the Bible Bowl competition
He did a group Radio Program broadcast and wont 1st place
He received a participation award for competing


Titus
1st group bible speaking
1st Large group ensemble
1st Radio program
1st Bible Bowl
Participation award
Titus mainly competed in sports and that was hard to win with so many participants.  he barely missed the basketball award.  He will try again next year.  Wait and see!!!!


Josiah won't get to participate next year and Amelia is 5 days short of getting to participate.  She is so disappointed and especially because her bestie will get too.  ha ha

2 comments:

  1. Where do y'all go to church at? Love the blog! By the way I'm entering this as anonymous so you don't think I'm trying to get followers lol I'm serious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First Pentecostal of London. Thanks for reading!!!!

      Delete