Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Last day of 1st grade!

Josiah lives for awards day each school year.  There's just something about getting your name called and going up front to collect a trophy, medallion, or certificate.  He had to memorize the whole book of James this year and let me tell you it wasn't easy.  I constantly reminded him of that trophy waiting for him at the end of the year and that always seemed to motivate him.  We finally got it memorized.  Sheww, lots of hard work there!  He is in first grade and the all the other classes were memorizing the same scriptures as well.  I was pretty proud of him to be memorizing something that the high schoolers were memorizing too.

Unfortunately, the night before awards service I heard him in the bathroom throwing up.  Poor guy threw up every hour.  He got up for school that morning, but I sent him back to bed after a dose of Zofran.  I knew his heart would be broken if he didn't get to claim that trophy he worked so hard for.  I called the school and they said it was okay to bring him in just for the awards service.  So that's what we did.  I watched him from my seat and prayed to God in Heaven he didn't spew everywhere!!!

Josiah proudly rockin' his awards



He ended up with lots of awards.

Trophy-Memorizing the book of James
Trophy-Read 300 books in class
Blue medallion-Honor roll all year
Burgandy Medallion-Citizen award (good attendance and low demerits) Yeah, not sure why he got it.
Certificate-Spelling
Certificate-Social Studies
Certificate-Bible knowledge (most proud of this one)
Certificate-Christian Growth award
Certificate-Character trait was "Thankfulnes"

I was pretty proud of him and all of his hard work.

Friday was his last day of school!

We celebrated with a bike wreck and spent Saturday evening in the ER.  Of course ya'll know how much we love our special room at the ER.

Can't help but smile when I see the bible book on his bed.  Would you believe there was no t.v. in there. Ha Loved it!!
Josiah fell on his bike and took a hit to his chest with his handlebars.  He was hurt pretty bad and was gasping for breath and almost passed out.  He is very dramatic so it was hard to believe him, but after an hour of crying and seeing the big bruise on his chest, we decided to take him.  They took an xray, but everything was okay.  They just said he had bruised his ribs and would be sore for about a week.  I'm very thankful he wasn't hurt any worse.  Someone mentioned dressing my children in suits of armor.  It may be something I will look into for sure! Ha

Happy Summer Break!

1 comment: