Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Things been a little too normal too long so............

I know, I know.  Ya'll have been dissapointed in my normal postings latelty.  Things have been going pretty smoothly and I had began to think that maybe, just maybe my motherhood is about to calm down for a spell.  I mean I am actually braving trips to the grocery store now with 2 kids undertow.  They have been behaving pretty well for the most part.  Then it all came to a head one day........  We were desparate for a few groceries and I couldn't put if off any longer.  I dropped Josiah off at school and me, Titus, and Amelia went to the grocery store.  I got out, opened the side door and out they came.  Something caught Titus's eye on the ground.  I believe it was smashed, carmel candy or something.  Anyways, he and Amelia were really impressed with that mess.  So much that Titus had to gasp and step back the same time as I was shutting my van door.  I shut the door right on his upper arm.  Hard.....like, really hard.  Titus is not a crier.  When he does cry, I know he is hurt.  It didn't take long for the crying to come.  Not sure who cried the hardest, me or Titus.  I mean do you know how bad it feels to know that you caused your child to get hurt?????  We sat down in the van and I held him while he screamed and cried.  The look he gave me was so puzzled as to ask, "Why did you do that to me, Mommy?"  I pulled his sleeve up and it there was only one line on his arm.  It really didn't look to bad at the time.  He moved his arm around for me and I figured he was ok.  I asked him if he sill felt like going in the store and he did.  He stopped crying and we went in to get some groceries.  I kept watching him and noticed he wasn't using that arm.  As matter of fact, he was just holding it crossed across his belly like it was already in a sling of some sort. I finished getting my groceries, loaded up the van, and went a few buildings down and took Titus to the Dr's office.  Here he is waiting for the Dr to come.
See how happy he was with me?

 
The Dr came in and checked him arm out.  Titus never whinced or cried out in pain at all.  There was still only one line on his arm.  The Dr. declared he was fine and that it was just a deep bruise and didn't think he needed an xray.  I would have felt more comfortable if he had an xray taken, but I guess the Dr felt otherwise.  However, I am very thankful he wasn't hurt worse than what he was.  I just knew that his arm was broken.  I'm not sure how we have managed to escape any broken bones or stitches yet, but so far so good.
*Edited:  I forgot to mention that while our Dr was checking Titus's arm out and Titus was telling him what had happened, Amelia blurted out, "Yeah, she tried to get me too, but I jumped out of the way."  Thank you, Amelia!!!  The Dr just laughed and teased that he needed to call Social Services on me!  I was mortified!!!!!!

Here is part of the bruise that showed up by that evening.  There is a fainter bruise on the inside of the arm that I couldn't fit in the picture.  It is looking pretty yucky, by now.


 
And you know what else happend to this little cutie Saturday morning?
What?  He isn't even in school  yet!!!!

 
We were in the car driving around to yard sales on Saturday morning when Titus tells me his tooth is loose.  I mean I've heard it a gazillion times ever since Josiah's teeth have been falling out almost daily.  I said, "uh huh, ok, Titus."  "No, really mom it is."  So I felt of it and it was a little bit loose.  I asked him if he had hit his mouth on anything to make it loose and he said no.  It could have only been 15 minutes or less when I heard, "I just pulled it out, Mom."  I looked back and he was proudly holding a tiny, tiny white tooth in his hand.  This goes to show you the kid's pain level tolerance.  He never whinced or cried, he just yanked that barely loose tooth right out!  He was thrilled about the tooth fairy coming to his house.  I think he got a little nervous about it when he yelled from his bed, "Mom, will Jack (our lab) bark when the Tooth Fairy gets here?"  Then Amelia hollered from her bed, "MOM, the Tooth Fairy won't see me will she?" ha ha ha  My kids make laugh so hard sometimes!!  And then other times, I won't to knock them out.  Because of crazy stuff like this:

Yes, he is in a hospital bed.  This is our special room at the ER.  No one is allowed to use it, but the Parker kids. (not really, a bit of sarcasm here)

This is back to Saturday.  The same day Titus lost his first tooth.  I got ahead of myself earlier.  I realize I could fix that being that I haven't hit post yet, but nah, that's too much trouble.

Maynard ran into the store real quick while I sat with the kids.  Titus unbuckled and leaned up front for some reason.  He can never stay buckled in a vehicle that is not moving.  Ya'll know how I am obcessed with ears, right?  Well, as he leaned over I decided to do an ear check.  Can't help it, yes I have a problem.  This time however, I was successful and all my ear checking was not done in vain.  As I looked in his ear I seen a peice of white something in there.  At first I'm like, "Wow, this is a big chunk.  Then I realize that is not wax.  Since I left home without my trusty bobby pin, I used my car keys.  I pulled it out and it was a peice of styrofoam.  I went through the whole spill, "What?????  Why is there styrofoam in your ear?  When did you do this?  Why did you do this?  Are you crazy?"  Then I asked to see his other ear.  He really put up a fuss and declared that that ear was fine and there was nothing in it.  So I yanked him back down and checked that ear too.  What did I see?  Another peice of styrofoam in that ear.  This one was way too deep for me to even try to dig out.  Maynard came back to the car and I had to explain our problem.  He was furious.  Just 2 weeks prior we had Amelia in the er for hurting her finger and now Titus had filled his ears with styrofoam.  He may have mentioned that he didn't enjoy spending his Saturdays off work sitting in the ER.  Maynard tried to remove the styrofoam, but he was making me nervous and Titus was scared for his life.  We went ahead and went to the hospital.  I asked the triage if that was really an emergency and if he needed to be seen before I registered.  They delcared that he did need to be seen because even a small peice left in his ear over night could set up a bad infection.  So I trusted their judgement and they took us straight back.  It was so deep that the DR had a hard time getting it out and was a bit nervous to even try.  He got it out finally and declared the other ear styrofoam free.  (I had already removed it)  Titus finally told me he had just put the styrofoam in his ear about an hour prior to me finding it.  Josiah said Titus told him that he was acting like he had hearing aids like Papaw!!!  This is the same kid who stuck a bandaid up his nose and we had to go to ER because he was gagging and trying to puke.  They never did find that bandaid.  They guess he swallowed it somehow. 

So all this happened from Tuesday to Saturday.

Oh yeah!  Amelia also ate a silicone packet out of an empty medicine bottle.  I had to call poision control about that.  Did you know that those things don't even hurt you?  They need to remove "Do not eat" off of the label if in fact you can eat it and not get hurt.

I knew we were too normal for too long for it to stay that way!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I forgot to tell you when you were down last.....Kenny grounded Titus from ever riding in our car......something about a booger on the side of our seat......ask Titus he might remember the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Titus has completely deleted these details permanently from his brain. He does remember he can't ride with you part, but can't remember why not. Lol

      Delete
  2. Wow!!!!! Its about time things at the Parker's place got back to normal!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a week! Cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete