Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's bubbling, bubbling, bubbling............

Ok, so I had my mind where it needed to be for this post, but an older lady sitting next to me here at the library just cracked me up and I can't hardly quit laughing.  She just looked at me and said, "Do you know me?"  I said, "No, Ma'am.  Then she said, "Well, I thought maybe you knew me."  I can't help, but laugh.  I don't know why, but it has struck my funny bone. 

So anyhoo............

I am so pumped from our services this weekend.  We went to visit my family to hear my younger brother preach for his very first time.  However, it didn't actually work out that way.  Sunday night, all of my family, except one brother, was all in church together.  I was excited that my younger sister was there too because I hadn't been in church with her in a long while.  Also, my older brother Todd was there.  He was the one who got saved about 3 weeks ago.  He is a policeman with Louisville metro police department.  The Lord gloriously saved him while en route to his job one Sunday.  Ever since he has been such a different person. 

So Sunday night, we were all there and the service was going great.  Maynard and I were asked to sing and the power of God fell in that church house.  Not to any of our boastings at all, but only that we were used of God.  People began to worship and some were stepping out and shouting all around.  No greater joy was when I looked back to see my brother grinning.  We were singing "Praise God it's settled, I'm saved."  I felt like it was ministering to his heart.  Then something caught my attention and it was my Sister coming down the aisle and fell down at an altar.  It was so good to see her pray.  She had pretty much warned everyone to back off and not to ask her to go pray.  So to see her step out on her own was such a good feeling.  She still needs prayer and didn't get completely satisfied, but I know the Lord helped her and touched her heart.

It was 8 o'clock and Jacob hadn't got to preach yet.

When he came up to the pulpit he said he didn't feel like he needed to preach, but if he had, it would have been titled, "The simplicity of salvation."  He also said his wife, Jonelle, was prepared to sing the exact song as Maynard and I had.  Isn't that amazing.  I mean think of all the songs out there that could be sung and God has one song the he has chosen for that service by 2 different people.  I love it!!!

Melissa testified real good and bore her heart.
Then, my newly saved brother Todd got up and testified.  He got excited and let out a "whooooo"!  What is not to be excited about?  There is joy in serving Jesus.  He is the joy of our salvation.

I know I didn't get this out like I wanted too, but just felt like I needed to share.

I'm also thankful the Lord saved me 30 yrs ago.  I was 4 yrs old on April 13, 1983.  It was nice being in church with people that helped lead me to salvation so many years ago so close to my  spritual birthday!

4 comments:

  1. It always makes a difference when Jesus passes by! It was a wonderful Harper service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So THANKFUL God is blessing you all! I was thrilled to hear about Tod and I know your mom was so happy when I spoke with her! God is sooooo good and faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like it has been "Harper" services for the past few months!!!! Is anyone else other than the Harpers getting some help???? Cause it sure seems like our family sure is getting spoiled rotten!!!!!! ....... or maybe it's because we just needed the most help to begin with. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news!! Your post has been a blessing to read! It is so good when God comes by and makes it real to you! Our God it truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete