Friday, April 12, 2013

Creepers!


So ya'll know how much I love critters.  Evidently this little, tiny, HUGE snake decided to make a visit at my house yesterday.  I was about to walk outside when I seen it slither across my front step.  I did what any mother would do to protect their children, themselves.  I locked the screen door.  I look back and laugh.  Why did I lock the door?  Did I really think it was gonna try to open the door and come in? I calmly, panickly, screamed to my kids that they never could play outside again.  We watched it from the window because I really needed to know where it was going.  I was hoping it would mosey over to the neighbor's house for a visit.  It went from our front yard to the side yard.  We switched windows and continued to watch.  Then it went near Jack's doghouse and dissappeared behind Titus's soccer ball.  I'm guessing there is a hole there and maybe he crawled in it.  I'm too scared to go near the ball to see if there is a hole there.  I vowed to never leave my house again, but unfortunately it was a church night.  Maynard had been out of town working and he was not home to save the family.  When we were ready to leave for church me and the kids stood at the door and counted to 3.  Then we ran to the car and jumped in. The whole time in my mind I was wondering how it was going to be when we came home in the dark.  {SHUDDER}

Comments from my instagram post indicate that this is a garter snake, but my brother says it's a cow snake.  So I looked up cow snakes before I went to bed. (Not a good idea, really.  I felt snakes crawling around my feet all night.)  Anyways, from what I gathered, a cow snake is pretty harmless.  It will try to get away from humans as fast as we want to get away from it.  However, it will bite you if it feels attacked, it just isn't posionous.  And if that is supposed to make me feel better, well, it doesn't.  I'm still scared out of my gourd and Titus really wants me to go get his soccer ball for him. Ha!


Oh, I also learned that cow snakes are really good climbers and like to hang out in trees.  Lord Jesus!  Now I have this fear of walking in my yard and a snake will fall on my head.  I have been enjoying this pretty weather, but now I've decided to enjoy it from my front window!  And to think I had a really nice tan going on!

3 comments:

  1. OK! I could have lived the rest of my life without reading about your new pet! LOL! If there is anything in life that I hate it is a snake!!!! We have copper heads at my house! Yikes just the thoughts of it makes me shudder! I just sent a txt to James about yard work too! Eww! Can you say weebie jeebies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did u check to c if he had any earwax in his ears???

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was doing some yard work and found and a black snake.....eeeeekkk this is the second one he has killed in less than a month.

    ReplyDelete