Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Amelia's trip to ER

I was going to title this "Amelia's first trip to er, but then I remembered it's actually her second.  She had rsv when she was 6 weeks old and quit breathing on me.  It could have been for only a few seconds, but felt like an eternity.  She got breathing treatments and sent back home with the machine.  Some babies do a lot worse with rsv and I'm very thankful she didn't have any more worse complications with it.  Poor Micah Allen has had an awful time with it and has been in the hospital several times.  He actually just got home this week from UK Childrens hospital.  Please pray for this little guy if you all will.

Back to my topic....... I know it's so unlike me to wander off my topic. Ha Ha

Saturday afternoon the kiddos were outside playing in the awesome sunshine.  I was putting a load of laundry in when all of a sudden I heard screaming and crying.  Now my kids are screamers.  I am not one to run when I hear a scream because that's just them.  However, a momma tends to learn her babies cries and screams.  One scream means, my brother just hit me, another scream means, my brother took my toy, another scream is, my brother is scaring me, and of course, the other scream is, I'm really hurt scream.  This scream happened to be, "I'm hurt scream."  Just a few seconds later Maynard hollered for me to hurry and I knew that this couldn't be good.  I walked into the living room and Amelia had a bloody finger.  The whole tip of her finger was bleeding and it looked like it was crushed in.  We immediately jerked her up and started the trek to the hospital.  I tried to "man" up and keep looking at her finger on the way to the hospital, but she wouldn't let me move the paper towel because she didn't want to see it either. We finally got it out of her that she hurt it on the slide.  Maynard said he had noticed a busted part on the slide and figured she went down the slide and her finger got hung in the crack.

Here she is as soon as she got a room.



Maynard completely took over in the er and that was fine with me.  I sat back and chose to take pictures and find cartoons for the boys so they would behave!
 
 
That finger had to be cleaned real good before they could do anything.  They probably shouldn't have told her it was going to sting a little because I'm pretty sure she was crying before they ever touched her finger.
 
 
Once her finger was cleaned up it wasn't as bad as it first looked and she wasn't going to need stitches afterall.  They still had a hard time getting her to move her finger so they wanted xrays to make sure it wasn't broken.

The results were in and her finger was fine.  It just needed cleaned and bandaged.  We are supposed to keep it wrapped up for a week and well, that's not going so well.  To me it already looks better and I think air will do it better than keeping it bandaged up all the time.

I am very thankful that she was hurt no worse than what she was.

Isn't this picture the sweetest?  Titus was really concerned about his sister!  (He also could see the cartoon better) Ha Ha

2 comments:

  1. Love the last picture! I hate scares like these.. I am glad she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete