Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Birthday to me!

Saturday was my birthday.  I turned the big 35.  Which is ok because I have been 35 now for a couple years.  I know weird, but I have kind of lost track of how old I was.  A couple years ago I told a preacher's wife that I was 25.  I was serious too.  However, I was only about 8 yrs off.  A little later I had to call her and say, "Did I tell you I was 25 earlier?" Ha Ha  So now this has become a joke at church and I'm known for staying in my 20's even though I testified to being saved for 30 yrs back in April.  So funny!

I was sent to my bedroom late Friday night by Maynard and the kids.  Which was such a blessing. Ha!  While I was in my room they were baking me a birthday cake.  They were going to suprise me.  I of course knew what they were doing because I had bought the cake mix and icing to help them along in their adventure.  Kids love suprising their mommy's so I knew they needed a little help.  It wasn't too much longer and Amelia came and crawled in bed beside me and said, "Mom, sshhh, we are making you a cake."  Then she fell asleep.  The boys began hollering for me and I came in the kitchen to find this beautiful masterpiece.

Sure was made with lots of love. (It tasted really good)
Saturday morning Maynard and the kids brought me gifts and their cards.  Then we had more cake for breakfast then headed out to some yard sales.  I found some really good deals and so that always makes going to yard sales fun.  Then we had my birthday lunch at where else than Shiloh's roadhouse.

We stopped by at the cemetery where Maynard's family is buried.

Amelia paying her respects to someone we don't know.  But hey, it had a bench to sit on.

Jerry and Lisa Parker
Maynard with his brother and sister's grave.  They both died like a year apart.  His sister was killed in a car wreck and his brother was burned in a fire.  Very tragic deaths and I am amazed at the strength of this family to be able to endure this kind of pain and hurt.

After visiting the graveyard, we dropped the kids off at Maynard's Mom's house.  I always call her Maynard's Mom.  I could say Mother-n-law, but that is just so awkward for me. lol  Apparantly, she has 2 names.  Some people call her Darlene and others call her Sue.  So I'm confused what I'm supposed to call her.  I am soooooo serious.  I avoid calling her by name and she is referred to as "Maynard's mom." Ha ha  So anyways........  Maynard and I headed to Richmond.  We got there and we kind of had noticed we were in a solemn mood.  I guess visiting a graveyard will do that to you.  We stopped at a Goodwill and then in real quick to Culvers to grab something quick to eat and then we went back to pick up the kiddos.  Sometimes I desparately need to get away, but when I finally do I just picture my kids choking or getting hurt and I just can't enjoy my time away from them. 

So that was the end of my special day.  But it was nice and shared with the people I love!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Half of 70 is a happy place to be :) Love the cake...somebody needs to drop a hint to my hubby cuz he's surprise inhibited!!

    I remember when Maynard's brother passed away...so sad!

    Lighten up and have some fun when you're away from the kiddos. Say a prayer and go have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!!! I love surprises.. and that was a very Sweet Surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 25th birthday Amy..... Ummmm... I mean, happy 35th.... If your sure that's the correct one! Lol

    ReplyDelete