Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Creation Museum 2013

Hey! Sorry, ya'll. I've got lots of updates and if my wifi and laptop will cooperate I will try my best to get caught up. So be prepared for "blog overload".

The last post I posted was about how we took a trip to visit my family and attend Youth Camp. The Monday we headed for home we decided to go a tad out of the way and go to the Creation Museum. We had free passes given to us so why not? We had gone 2 years prior, but now that Josiah can read well, he loved everything about it. Our first thing we did was visit the Planetarium. I'll have to admit. I was kind of bored during that show. I mean it was eat and very informative, but I'm just not that much interested in cosmos and metorites and such. But hey, that's just me. Ha Ha. I did get tickled because Josiah had a cold and he coughed the whole show. I'm sure we were given some dirty looks, but since it was dark, I didn't have to see them. After the show we went through the museum. I loved it when the kids would point out bible characters and were able to tell me who they were. The Sunday School teacher really comes out in me when we come here. I feel like the tour guide and talk and explain everything while we walk through. I mean what good is it for my children to walk through and just look, but have no idea what they are looking at. I feel that way about them learing their scriptures at school. I can work with them for hours on end to memorize it, but what I really want is for them to know what it means. Again, that is the teacher coming out in me again. My most favorite part is when you walk through the Garden of Eden. That's when I start my blabbering. It really is the bible coming to life.

Cain kills Abel

 You can believe that I spent a lot of time at this exhibit. It was a great opportunity to explain how fighting with your brothers can lead to death. I made sure to point out the blood on the rock and tried to scare the snot out of them, but unfortunately I don't think it ended up being very effective.



Not sure who was scaring who here.

My boys loved the automated dinosaurs. Titus acted all tough, but when it came right down to it he wasn't so sure if they were real or not. After touring the museum part we we went outside to have a lunch picnic. It was so hot outside and we were near starved. But a picnic is always fun. When we went back inside we went to see the "Men in White" show in the sound effects theatre. My kiddos really loved this too. They loved the water spraying at them and all the special effects. It was probably one of their most favorite things. The show explains how God and His creation is real to a lady who is unsure. I can't explain it, but it was great!!! By now we had been at the museum for 5 hours and hadn't even made it outside yet to the Botanical gardens and petting zoo. We thought we had seen everything inside, but later found out that we missed a few things including an awesome bug exhibit.



Botantical Gardens

It was so humid and hot outside as we toured the gardens. It was amazing. Gorgeous trees, plants, and flowers everywhere. We kept pushing on ahead to the petting zoo because the kiddos had no plans on leaving until they got to pet some critters.

For some reason my petting zoo pictures are not cooperating to upload.  It drives me crazy sometimes, ya'll!

 My kids walked in a fence full of goats and chickens. Amelia would chase them and just grab them up like she had always been around animals her whole life. Oh, don't worry. I was safe and sound outside the fence. Or so I thought. Let's just say that if Maynard had been videoing at this very moment I'm fixing to tell you about, we possible could have won some money. I was watching the kids while taking pictures when a goat walks to the side of the fence I'm standing by. All of a sudden it grabs my scarf through the fence and keeps pulling. I am seriously screaming my head off and trying to pull my scarf out of his mouth. I panicked! I mean after it was over and I finally got my scarf out of it's mouth, I wondered why I just didn't pull the dumb scarf off and just let it have the whole thing. Ha ha. Obviously, I wasn't thinking clearly enough. After the petting zoo the kids really wanted to go on the camel rides, but they had already shut down the rides for the day. The museum was closing in 30 minutes and it was time to call it a day. We walked backed to our van, guzzled water, and headed for home. The kids were out like lightening and we had a quite drive home. If ya'll have never been to the Creation Museum I really suggest taking your family there.

No comments:

Post a Comment