Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Titus' First day of Kindergarten and Josiah's first day of 2nd grade.

It's school time already?

WHAT?????

I've only blogged a little bit about our summer and here I am blogging about the first day of school. Truth is, is that I enjoyed haveing my kids home this summer. I enjoyed staying up late with them reading books and then sleeping as late as Amelia would let us. Ha Ha I enjoyed not ironing uniforms every night and packing lunch boxes. I enjoyed not having to worry about homework and memorizing scriptures. (Yeah, that probably sounded bad, didn't it? lol) Sorry, but memorizing scriptures with Josiah was not my most favorite thing. It was gruesome and enduring. We survived!!!

Josiah was ready to start school about 1 week after summer break. He even wrote us a note that said, "Please take me to summer school because I feel like I am fasting school." He also took his teacher literally when she told them to make sure they read alot this summer. That's all he did. I would have to take the book out of his hand and make him go outside and play. I'd say he read over 500 books this summer. Titus was excited to be starting Kindergarten and we were on the countdown until when school started. They enjoyed going school shopping for their school supplies. Titus didn't care what we picked. He was just happy to have whatever his list said he needed. In fact we found a good deal on backpacks for $3.99 at Walgreens. They were just plain, cheap backpacks. I never dreamed he would have agreed to a plain, black packback. There's no way Josiah would have settled for that. Titus just doesn't care. He just is happy to have something new and of his very own. Poor child, always gets hand-me downs from his brother. (Including school uniforms). Monday morning, August 12, 2013 at 7 a.m. I went in the boy's room to wake them up. Josiah jerked the covers off immediately, Titus pulled the covers up and shook his head "no" when I asked him if he was going to school. After some coaxing he finally got up and got dressed. We left for school and I begged him not to run off and leave us when he went to his classroom. When I took Josiah to Kindergarten 2 years ago, he literally ran from the car to his classroom. That was not how I had had it pictured at all. So I was needing Titus to be needful of his mother. Ha! Maynard was able to go to school with us so that really made it extra special for the boys. We got to school and off they ran. Titus was ahead of everyone. But when we opened the door, he was standing frozen solid, he had seen all the other people in the school. I guess his courage left and he decided he would wait for his Mommy after all. Ha ha! We walked to his classroom and I watched him hang his backback up and then find his spot at his table. We took a few pictures and then it was time to go. I tried to hug him, but he wouldn't let me. I guess I was embarrasing him in front of his new classmates, We went to check on Josiah in his classroom and he was just as happy as ever. Maynard, Amelia, and I walked out to leave and Josiah came running out and gave us huge hugs and then went back to his classroom. Well, this was it. It was time to go. We left school and stopped at Speedway for Maynard's daily coffee. Amelia asked for a coke slush. Since she was our only child at home and I was feeling bittersweet, I let her drink a coke slush for breakfast. She was all giggles and smiles the rest of the day. I kept asking her if she was sad or if she missed her brothers and she always said, "nope"!!! Twelve o'clock came all too fast and it was time to go back and pick Titus up. He climbed in, buckled up, and didn't say a word. I tried and tried to get him talk about his day and he wouldn't say anything. I was really worried. Finally he would start talking a little more throughout the evening. He mainly wanted to talk to Josiah about it soI had to listen in. I heard him tell Josiah that he got stuck under his table. Ha Ha He sits at a table in a small chair. I guess he wasn't able to just scoot back and get up so he declared himself stuck. He did say that it wasn't fair that Josiah gets to stay all day and he only gets to stay a little bit. He also said that his teacher asked him to write the letter "i" on the chalkboard and he said, "Guess what, Mom? I can't even write in cursive and that's what she wanted us to do." He had a lot of energy to burn when he got home, I will say that much. I believe he played with every toy he had, plus Amelia's. Tuesday morning, Titus was easier to wake up even though he kept asking me why I was waking him up in the middle of the night for school because it was still dark outside. He had me rolling though when they were both dressed for school and ready to leave. He looked at Josiah and said, "Josiah, why you always got to wear what I'm wearing?" Which is in fact hilarious, because they have to wear uniforms to school and everybody looks the same. ha ha I remember Josiah saying "Hey, Mom! Everybody at this school is dressed just like me" on his first day of school. We are blessed to send our children to a christian school. There are some Godly teachers teaching there that have good standards and teachings. I choose not to homeschool my kids because we attend a small church that have very few children. MY kids are the smallest and I think it would be a disadvantage not to send them to christian school where they can be around other kids their age. It would be different if Maynard hadn't been raised at this church and knows everyone there. We have faith in the people there and trust them teaching our children. As matter of fact, Titus' teacher used to have Maynard in class at Sunday School. Ha Ha So I'm sure she probably has an idea of what she is getting herself into. I hope my kids, as well as ya'lls, have a great school year!

Amelia with her friend, Kate.  Kate is in Josiah's class and Amelia loves her.


Titus' Cubby


1 comment:

  1. Great story! The matching uniform comment is hilarious! I have went to the store after school before and the cashier say "do you always dress them alike?" LOL! Wishing us all a safe and good school yr!

    ReplyDelete