Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Amy Teaches School!!!



A few weeks ago I received a phone call from our school's principal asking me if I cared to come substitute for the Kindergarten teacher the next day because she had to attend a funeral.

Did I have to think about it?  NO!

I was thrilled to have the opportunity to do it.

My boys were so excited they couldn't hardly stand it.  I would be Titus' teacher and not Josiah's, so Josiah was a tad jealous, but still excited, nonetheless.  Isn't it neat that my kids want me at school and aren't embarrassed of me yet?  I need to savor these moments because I know it's just a matter of time.

As soon as I walked into the classroom the kids hollered, "Are we having a party?"  Which is hilarious because I was there in Sept and Oct for the boy's birthdays and so they assumed I was the party planner around there.

Their teacher left and then it was just me and 5 of the cutest little students ever.  It was break time and their most favorite part of the day.  We had an extended break where they played in the gym and fought over the classroom ball.  Then we headed to the cafeteria for their snack.  They even offered to share with me their snacks!!!

Snack Time
They were taking forever to eat and I was dying to get back to the classroom to do what I had came there to do, TEACH.

We got back to the classroom and it was bible time.  I got to teach about Joseph.  I was really into my story when Celeste covered her ears and said, "You are really loud."  There normal teacher is soft spoken and well, I'm not. Ha


After bible story we practiced with flash cards, numbers, blends, and three letter words.  I used the classroom ball to make it a game.  If they got their numbers or words right I let them bounce on the big ball or I would throw it to them.  They absolutely loved this.
Then they had one seatwork page to do.  After they finished their work, we worked on saying their memory verses and then it was time to head to the sanctuary for their Thanksgiving program practice.
They can say their verses speedy fast!

All too soon it was 12 o'clock and time to meet their parents outside.

I thoroughly enjoyed substituting that day and maybe can do it again another time.
It was like getting to teach Sunday School for 3 hours and actually having time to do lot's of stuff rather than the normal 45 minutes you get on Sunday morning.

Have I missed my calling??? Hmmmm.



1 comment:

  1. I'm sooo jealous!!! How come I didn't hear about this at Thanksgiving???
    So are you on their sub list now???? How's the pay? LOL

    ReplyDelete