Saturday, April 26, 2014

Happy 42nd Birthday, Maynard!

Today was Maynard's birthday. He had to work, but it wasn't going to be too bad of a day for him. 

I was going to go buy him a bday cake when the kids declared they wanted to bake him a cake instead. So we headed to the store. 

We went to the Dollar store first and I let them pick out a few decorations. It was totally up to them what they chose, but the rule was they all had to agree on everything or I would choose instead. It's amazing how well that threat worked. 

Somehow we ended up with a red and white polka dot theme and a few shark items thrown in. They picked out plates, cups, napkins, gold crowns, table cloth, party blowers, poster board, banner, and candles. 

We made a quick run to Krogers and they chose chocolate cake mix with chocolate icing. Amelia chose the sprinkles. Gotta have lots of sprinkles. Ha ha

We got home and Josiah got started on the decorations while I helped Amelia and Titus get started on the cake.   They all worked together so well. 

The cake sat out to cool and we met Maynard out at Cheddars for lunch. Then we beat Maynard back to the house and the kids finished up decorating the cake. Now we just had to wait on Daddy to get there. My kids were super excited!!!!

SUPRISE!!!!!! 
Sprinkles anyone?????

So the banner was Josiah's doing. I asked why he folded it. He said because it kept saying the same thing over and over again.  Ha ha 



Sign posted on the front door. 


These kids love Birthday parties!!!!

Need your next party planned?  Give them a call. They love to spend dollars!!!

Happy Birthday, Maynard. We love you!!

2 comments:

  1. HaHa. The banner cracked me up. But please tell me they didn't use ketchup to write DAD on the birthday cake. LOL. Love it. Oh and Happy birthday Maynard! I just wrote your name on my calendar so maybe next year I wont forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't let them waste ketchup!!! That was twizzlers. (Once they realized food coloring wasn't going to work) ha ha

    ReplyDelete