Saturday, May 3, 2014

Mommy and Me Tea Party

I seen a flier at the library announcing a Mommy and Me Tea party in honor of Mother's Day at the library. It said something about tu-tus and tiaras and I knew immediately that Amelia would love it. 

I told Amelia about it a week ago and she has been so excited. Every day she was constantly asking if it was tea party day. 

This morning Amelia was up bright and early. She came running into my room and said, "it's tea party day!!!"

I wanted us to wear our matching red chevron outfits, but she wouldn't hear of it. She wanted to wear her tangled princess costume. So I just wore my purple Easter outfit to match her. 

We got to the library and I put the boys each on a computer and we went to our tea party. 

It was decorated so cute. The first thing we did was have our picture taken. 

Everything was decorated so pretty and girlie. 

Our tea was pink lemonade for the princesses. 


Then we had finger foods. Most everything was pink. I couldn't tell Amelia NO so I let her eat what she wanted. She was in pink Heaven. I am also happy to say she didn't break out at all. I'm hoping she is outgrowing her dye allergy. Her Dr said we may be able to trick her body into becoming immune to it so I hope that is what happened. That year without any dye has paid off hopefully. 

Amelia's second plate. Ha 




After we ate it was craft time. They got to make Victorian paper fans and paper mâché picture frames. 



They took our picture at the beginning and then printed them off for our picture frame. I thought that was a neat idea and a great keepsake. 

This was happening during all our girlie festivities. 

A peeping Tom. Or Peeping Titus, rather. 

I had put Titus and Josiah on the computers right outside the door where we were, but it was killing Titus not to be included. 

And because Titus has found favor with Ms. Leah and Ms. Rayna throughout the years.... This happened:
"Ms. Leah said I could."

So it wasn't much longer until we had another visitor.


It was at the end of the tea party and there was lots of food leftover so they let my boys in. I thought that was very sweet. 

My kids love their library and I don't care a bit to say we have the best library in the world. They have so many fun activities for the kids. It's also free so what's not to love, right?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment