Friday, May 30, 2014

Titus' Kindergarten Graduation

So we went from this....

To this......

 In a matter of just a few days it seems. 

I can't believe how fast that year went by.   Titus loved school so much. He was so upset that Josiah got to stay all day and he had to leave at 12 everyday. 

Most kids wanted to play outside during recess, but Titus only wanted to play in the gym. I would pick him up and he would drop his head and say, "I had a bad day again at school. We had to play outside again. Why can't we just play basketball in the gym everyday?"

He also got his feelings hurt if he caught me throwing his school papers away. 
"Mom!!  Don't throw that away. Do you know how many hours I worked on those?  I just did all them papers for nothing then."

So I had to throw them away when he wasn't looking. I kept most of them, but goodness. There's no way I can keep all their papers. 

Titus had a great year and learned how to read a lot quicker than I had anoticipated. I was so proud of him. 

Titus was excited about his kindergarten class graduation. He just couldn't get over that he was going to have to wear a graduation "dress". 

The night of the graduation Titus and I went to his classroom to get some class pictures. Everyone looked so adorable.  Titus wouldn't keep his head still and his hat kept coming off. He really needed a longer gown and a bigger hat, but we made do the best we could. 
Celeste, Bradley, Lauren, Isaac, and Titus

Titus and his teacher, Mrs. Bowman. She was such a godly example. Titus would be praying over his supper and would pray for our country and the president. I knew he was getting this from his teacher.  Just things he would say around the house let me know just how blessed he was to have her as his teacher. Titus never gave her much trouble and she always said he was very obedient. I'm not sure if he respected her more because she was older or what it was, but he was always quick to obey. She is really soft spoken too. I can get loud and scream and it's still like he can't hear me talking to him. Maybe she can give me a few tips. Lol

The graduation ceremony started and the Kindergarteners came marching out. Titus had told me earlier that he was so nervous because he had never done nothing like that before.  I begged him not to drop his head and come in all goofy acting like his brother did when he graduated. Ha ha


He done really good even though it looks like Bro. Jarvis may have a death grip on him to keep him still for a picture. Lol

They done a cute little slide show of pictures of each graduate. I always spend a lot of time choosing which pictures I want to submit. I think I chose all the right ones though. Especially when you could hear the roaring of laughter throughout the crowd as Titus' pictures were being displayed. 

After the ceremony, one of the mothers had headed up a small reception in the kitchen for the Kindergarten graduates. It was simple, yet cute. I was glad she had gotten it together. 

Looks like Celeste had ditched her graduation gown and for some reason Bradley didn't get to stay. By this time they were all hot and tired. 



In our family it seems like my kids take notes on who gets to do what and when and where. It all has to be fair. If one done it or got it, then they must have it too. So when Josiah graduated Kindergarten we had bought him a signature dog for all his friends to sign. 

So we found Titus one just like it. 
What's hilarious is that we actually found this at a yard sale last summer. I put it up in his closet to save for him. I just knew he would throw a fit if he didn't  have one just like Josiah. So I thought it was neat to find one at a yard sale. And in case your wondering..... No. The pen with it did not work. Of course we didn't know that until Titus' friend tried to sign it. That's ok. We found another replacement. Ha ha

Here's a collage of both Josiah and Titus when they graduated Kindergarten. 

What's funny is in 2016 I will have another Kindergarten graduate. Yikes!!  Thankfully the every 2 yr trend will end after Amelia. Ha

I am thankful for the Christian school my kids attend. We are truly blessed. However, we have had a rough year financially. Maynard was laid off work for 3 months and then during the loss of his mother we had to take on a lot of financial debt. The Lord is helping us and I know He will always provide. Right now we aren't sure if our kids will get to attend LCA in the fall and it breaks my heart. I've been praying for the Lord's will to direct me on what we should do. I can homeschool them if that's His will, but if not, then He will have to make a way financially for them to go back to school. Please help us pray. My boys get so upset when they think they might not get to go back. Amelia has already declared it ain't fair if she don't get to go to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment