Monday, December 29, 2014

Glory to God in the Highest Christmas play

My children participated in a Christmas play this year at church  and they were extremely excited. Josiah had a big speaking part as a narrator. The night before the play Josiah started throwing up. Again. My kids all caught the stomach virus that was being shared at school. Josiah had went home sick from school 3 days before so I figured he was on the mend. I heard him coughing and went to check on him. He was puking in his sleep. I never seen anything like it in my life. He wouldn't wake up and I was scared he was gonna die in his sleep. I pulled him up and me and Maynard both started beating on his back to get him to wake up and take a breath. He finally woke up and he and Titus were so confused. Titus was covered in puke and had no idea what was going on. It's kind of comical now, but it wasn't at the time. I started washing their bedding and put them in the shower. I had to throw wet blankets out the front door because I had no where else to store them. 

I had no idea if Josiah was going to be able to participate in the play the next morning or not. 

We finally all went back to sleep and got some rest. 

In the morning Josiah was up rooting threw the cabinets searching for something to eat for breakfast. He said he felt just fine. I suggested him eating toast to see how that set with him. 

I decided he seemed okay so we all got dressed and headed to church for Christmas Sunday service. 

Josiah was the narrator and had a small solo. He done a great job!!!  I loved his bow tie he wore. I mean shouldn't a narrator wear a suit and bow tie?!?!?

Titus was Joseph. You can see how he felt about being that close to a girl in front of a lot of people. Ha ha

However, he did perk up when he seemed to think the wiseman were bowing down to him. 
I had to remind him later they were bowing before baby Jesus, not him. 


Amelia's little class sang a song and each of them was an animal and had to make an animal sound when it was their turn. 
Amelia was a sheep and did her part perfectly. Amelia is a giant compared to her other classmates. 

After their program the kiddos had a pizza party and had a "candy bar". 

I believe Amelia has made up for that whole year she went without candy during this Christmas season. 

I, however, was completely stunned that Josiah had eaten pizza for lunch after being so sick the night before. 

We hate to see the Holidays go, but were very glad to see the stomach virus leave town!!!

I am thankful my kids were able to participate in the Christmas festivities at FPC. 

1 comment:

  1. We are glad to have them! You and Maynard too. ��

    ReplyDelete