Friday, December 5, 2014

When things get so bad that you laugh hysterically.

I could get really depressed right now if I dwelled about things. I choose not too though. I don't like being unhappy so I just keep trucking on and take it one day at a time. 

Have you ever experienced a day that was so bad that instead of crying you just started laughing?!?!?

Let me tell you about our Wednesday evening. 

Maynard has just made it home from work and we were all getting ready for church. The phone rang and it was my neice, Tara. She has been driving Maynard's car for several months until she can save up to buy her own vehicle. She called to let us know that the car had broke down on the side of the road. Maynard told us to go on to church and he would go help Tara. So me and the kids went on to church.  The kids went to their classes and I went and sat down in the sanctuary. Church was getting ready to start when my phone started ringing. 

It was Maynard. 

"Amy, I got Tara with me. I just came from buying the part for Tara's car, but my tire just went flat on my truck. Can you come in case I need you?"

So I left church to go bail Maynard out who was bailing Tara out. 

My job was to shine my headlights so Maynard  could see good enough to put on the spare. 

It took a little maneuvering, but he finally got the tire changed. 

We were ready to go. I needed to go back to get my kids at church and he still needed to look at Tara's car and get it home somehow. 

I went to turn the key and my van made a "click click click" sound. Yes, folks. My battery was DEAD!!!

Maynard looked at me and his eyes got big as saucers. 

That's when it bubbled out uncontrollably. 

I.could.not.stop.laughing!!!!!

In less than 1 hr all 3 of our vehicles was broke down on the side of the road. 

Luckily, Maynard had cables with him and was able to give me a boost. 
Then he shut the hood of the van and a plastic piece below the headlight popped out and fell on the ground. 

That sent me in another fit of giggles. 

Maynard told me not to turn my engine off until I got back home and I still needed to pick my kids up, but they were still in class. So I drove around and got gas and even got me a hot white chocolate. All while the van was running of course. 

So I picked up the kids and we all made it home safe and sound. 

Tara's  car is currently in the garage and I have been taking her to work at 4 a.m. In the morning. Can you say Yucko??  I am not a morning person and will be tickled to death when her car is fixed as I'm sure she will be as well. 

Anyway things could have been a lot worse and I am so thankful that we were all safe and it was just minor things wrong with all 3 vehicles. 

I just had to share that with y'all because that is a day in the life of Amy!!




1 comment: