Thursday, May 14, 2015

Front yard camp out!

I have several memories growing up sleeping in tents in the back yard. We always enjoyed it and had a lot of fun. 

Last Friday, Maynard suggested building a fire in the fire pit and then the boys started asking to camp out in their tents. Maynard said he didn't care if I didn't care so out came the tents. (And our air mattress)

Amelia had went to her friend's sleepover without actually sleeping over though. I knew she would be disappointed when I went to pick her up, but if she knew we were camping out then she would be excited about coming back home. 

So while she partied, we started the fire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. It was a beautiful evening just sitting around the fire. 
Our own special fire pit, but hey!  It works. 

It's so hard to keep these boys out of the fire. 
By now it was dark so I decided to go pick Amelia up. 
She wasn't too happy to see me. There were little girls everywhere and she was having a blast. It was too cute, but maybe she can stay when she is a little older. 
Back home it was dark and they were still infatuated with the fire. 
They asked Daddy to tell them stories. 

I was busy getting our tents ready. 
Time for bed!!!
Amelia had the perfect little spot, but she had her eye on our air mattress and knew we were more comfortable than she was. She sweet talked Maynard into letting her cuddle beside him before it was all over. 

These boys are just crazy. They broke out the headlamps to read books after we we went to sleep. The reason I know that is because the next morning their tent was full of books and comics. 

Even though we had an air mattress, it was hard to get comfortable. Finally, we fell asleep. I was hanging halfway on the air mattress and halfway in the floor. Oh well. At least I got some sleep. I hope Amelia was comfy. Ha ha

After a long night of tossing and turning it was morning time. 

They got the fire going again and I tried to go back to sleep, but it wasn't happening. The kids were too excited to have camped out all night. 
I woke up looking a little rough, but once everyone was out of my tent it ended up being pretty comfy. Then they started saying something about being hungry....


Miss Millie was cold. 

Playing in the fire while I fixed breakfast. 

It just wouldn't have been the same without cooking breakfast outside after a night of camping. 

We had a lot of fun and hopefully made a lot of memories. 

1 comment: