Monday, November 9, 2015

LCA Spirit Week

Last week at school was Spirit Week. Every day the students had something to dress up as. They had contests, games, activities, and prizes. 

Well, you know my kids are going to participate. Anything to get out of wearing the regular school uniform sounded good to them. 

For their first day they just had to dress up as a character. Whether it be fictional or nonfictional. 

Amelia said she was going to be Dorothy again so I got her costume washed and ready to wear. Come Monday morning she had changed her mind. She wanted to be a princess instead. 
She decided she wanted to be Pharoh's daughter. I think I heard that there ended up being 3 of those. There was also Miriam and Moses' mother. Hilarious. Of all the bible people they could be and they chose Moses. 

Josiah chose to be a karate boy. He went to school as comfortable as anyone there I'd say. 

Titus was a little more hesitant to dress up. If you remember in my last post he changed out of his DR costume before the fall festival even started. He decided he wasn't going to dress up at all.  So I told him the rule was he had to wear his uniform then. I suggested him wearing his baseball costume. That was a winner for him. 

Tuesday was crazy/whaky day.  I thought it meant just crazy hair day, but apparently that's not what the letter said. There was lots of crazies at school that day. I subbed for Josiah's class so I got to see everyone in costume that day. I loved seeing all the participation. 
Used a water bottle to fix Amelia's hair. She crushed the bottle trying to get out of the car at school. I never cud get it to straighten up after that.
 This kid though. He definitely looked crazy. 
Titus wore his favorite T-shirt and I gave him a shaving cream Mohawk. (He ended up having an asthma attack later that night from everything I put in his hair to get it to look crazy.  Plus kids at school were spraying hair color on their hair and it made the whole school smell.) oh!  And this was immediately after I got home from ER with Josiah after he slammed the van door on his hand and almost broke his hand. I didn't want to have to go back to ER. After trying several things to help him, I gave him a breathing treatment. If that didn't help I was gonna have to take him, but he got better afterwards. 
Class representatives. As you can see, Amelia's hair didn't last, but Abby rocked hers all day. 

Moving on to Wednesday.....
Wednesday was old fashioned days. It could be any historical time. 
Well, when you have more than one princess costume you just do what you have to do. She decided to be a queen this day. So I told her she could be Queen Elizabeth. She loved that until I showed her a picture of her. 
"Mom!  She's so old!!!"
"Yes she is, but she's also the longest reigning queen."
"Does she still dance in the rain?"
"Ummm...Do what?" Ha ha ha
Apparently Amelia thinks Queens dance in the rain as part of their job. No wonder she wants to marry into royalty. 

Titus chose to dress up in Western gear. He liked this one about as good as the baseball costume. 

Josiah couldn't make up his mind what he wanted to be. He wanted to be a president, but he didn't know which one. He ended up deciding that he just wanted to be Billy Sunday instead. 

Thursday was throw back Thursday. They had to dress up as a family member in the past. I drug out my memorabilia box and found a few things for the kids to wear if they wanted too. 

Amelia wore my project grad shirt and my school jacket. She even tied the end of her T-shirt up like I used to do 20 yrs ago. I didn't have time nor the heart to curl, tease and poof her hair so I just put it in a French braid. 

Titus wore my senior Shirt and sweatshirt. It was blue so a boy or girl could wear it. 


Josiah wanted to dress up as Maynard, but we really didn't know what to do since he didn't have any memorabilia type things for him to wear. I remembered that I had my old Harper's Electronic shirt he could wear. So we quickly put together  a "Don Harper" outfit for him to wear.  
He looked perfect. This boy looked just like his papaw. All he needed was glasses and a Veteran's cap.  

Friday was School Spirit day. They could wear their school logo shirts or wear school colors. Poor Amelia didn't have a school shirt yet so she had to wear red, white, and blue. 
The night before she worked hard on her poster for the poster contest. She was super proud of herself. 
She did have some help, but everything was her idea. We just helped as needed. 

This was Josiah's poster he made at school. 
Titus didn't show interest in doing one, but his class all made one together. I didn't get a picture though. 

Friday morning they each got dressed and then gave me special orders for face painting. 
Can you tell these kiddos had a blast?!?!

It's good to have routine and structure, but sometimes it's also good to just change things up a bit. 

We are thankful for LCA and was proud to show our school spirit. 

1 comment: