Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cheese Curds Anyone?

Maynard had the privilege of preaching a youth service not too far away from this area.  The service was great, but the preaching was 5 mins short from an hour. (However, it was good preaching too, I must add) So I asked "that preacher" if I had ever told him I could listen to him preach all night. He said <proud grin>, "No, you haven't?"  So I said, "Then what made you think I wanted too?" Ha!!!  This is a joke we've both heard before, but I was kinda letting him know that he is getting a little longwinded lately.  3 kids in a strange church during an hour of preaching, equals disaster for me!  Especially, when the water fountain had been spotted by a certain little 2 yr old.

So after church we stopped by Dairy Queen with a few others.  I noticed on the menu they had something new called "Cheese Curds". (We won't repeat what Maynard called them.  Hint>> It rhymes with "Curd". Ha!  When placing our order the cashier asked if we wanted to substitute fries for cheese curds.  So Maynard asked, "Is there anyway we can maybe sample the Cheese Curds to see if we like them?"
"Of course, let me go get ya'll some."

I kid you not! This really happened to me!!! But does that suprise you?

The cashier came back to the register with his hand stuck out with 4 cheese curds laying in his hand.  Yep, in his hand.  Not in a plate, or a box, or napkin or anything.  Nothing, only his nasty, stinking hand, ya'll.  My mouth just about hit the floor.  My pastor was also standing up there with us.  I noticed He and Maynard just kinda froze.  So, I felt the need to be the spokesperson here.

"Ewww, your kidding, right?  You have them in your hand."
"But my hands are clean, I just washed them."
"But sir, you are running a register, you have been handling money and now you are touching food."
"My hands are clean, I promise.  Here, try them.  I think you will like them."

So, I'm laughing at this point because I always laugh in awkward moments.  Maynard feels the need to jump in and say, "Just go ahead and give us fries, we will pass on these for right now."

I could kick myself because how great would it have been to had a picture of a DQ employee holding cheese curds in his hand? Sorry, I let ya'll down on this one!!!

I'm gonna leave ya with one picture.  I'm trying my best to figure out how this picture of me got out.  If you see it and know who has done this to me, please let me know!!

Cheese Curds Anyone? LOL
I hope this don't offend anyone.  Please don't cut me off if it does.  I won't post anymore naked pics, I promise. 

5 comments:

  1. Again you have left me speechless....how do you manage to do it with every post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just gross! I cannot handle restaurant employees touching food with their bare hands. I went to Taco Bell once and a lady had LONG fake finger nails on, no gloves and was digging her hands into the cheese and other toppings making my food. I demanded a refund right there on the spot! The manager came out and told me that her hands were clean, that they frequently wash their hands. He also had the nerve to try and tell me that it was cleaner to frequently wash their hands than to wear gloves!! I told him that getting that food under her fake nails is disgusting and does not easily come out....I was ao grossed out I couldnt eat anything after that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Amy. ((shaking my head))

    ReplyDelete