Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Awards service and Kindergarten Graduation 2012

So just a few days ago I was putting Josiah's uniform on for the first day of Kindergarten it seems. Saturday, he graduated. I have mixed emotions. Especially since they played a slide show of pictures I had submitted and it kinda made me sad because of how fast time has gone by. My little baby boy I had prayed and begged God for is already 6 yrs old and graduated Kindergarten. I have hugged and loved on him ever since we got back home that day.. On the other hand, I am so proud of him. Josiah loves life. It was a big accomplishment for him to go 5 years of his life just playing, laughing, running around, and having a grand ole time to sitting in a classroom. Not allowed to talk or get up and run around as he pleased anymore was a big adjustment for him. He struggled real hard at first. He even made a trip to the principal's office the first few weeks of school. However, with great instruction from his teacher and discipline from his parents, he made great improvement. I am thankful for his teacher, Sis. Schooley. She is exactly the type of teacher Josiah needed. It was important for him to have a teacher like her. He is the type of kid that just has to have and seems like he begs for discipline. Not only has he exceled as far as reading, writing, math, and all that, but I've noticed he has calmed down and I'm not having to remind him of his manners as much. He used to be a little hyper and the messiest eater I have ever seen. Sis. Schooley has done wonders with him. We were at a funeral last week for several hours. It dawned on me that Josiah was in his seat the whole time and I never had to get on to him one single time. The other 2 were a completely different story, believe you me. I may have even caught Amelia standing on the last shelf of the flower ladder thingee. Thank God, it didn't tip over! Anyways, I know by Josiah turning 6 that he is getting older and will calm down, but I think Sis. Schooley has played a really big roll in helping him this year. I can't wait to see what she can do with Titus in a couple of years. Sis. Schooley, if you are reading this, "PLEASE DON'T RETIRE" anytime soon. If you do, I will know its because you knew Titus was on his way. HA!

AWARDS SERVICE This was probably one of the best days of Josiah's life. I never dreamed a little boy would get so much happines in a medallion, trophy, and certificates, but he did. His awards service was on Thursday morning and we had church on Thursday night. I happen to look over at him during church and I noticed he was wearing his medallion proudly around his neck for everyone to see! lol
Josiah proudly showing off his awards. He won Excellent Attendance, Excellence in Phonics, Verse Memorization, Honor Roll, and Character award was for "Humble Spirit."

A proud class with their awards.

GRADUATION PICTURES:
Josiah sitting at his desk.  I love this picture.  He "looks" so well behaved. lol


"Wah, he looks so big." Well, I guess because he is big. Ha!


Kindergarten graduates give a big thumbs up.


Maynard presented Josiah with this autograph dog and a balloon.  Look how happy it made him.


This picture makes me smile.  Josiah asked his friend Micah to sign his dog and they both took it so seriously!


Because a post wouldn't be complete without a Titus or Amelia story, here's what I caught Titus doing with the graduation program.  Trying to make an airplane during the ceremony.  He then gave up and asked for help from a boy behind us, which I explained, "no, but thanks anyway." lol Amelia behaved pretty well.  The only problem I had with her was during the awards service.  I was trying to keep her quiet and was letting her look through my pictures on my camera.  I heard her scream, "I want to see Muel Mill and when I glanced down my camera said, "no files".  I was so tore up.  She was taking a fit because she only wants to see pictures of her and there were no more pictures at all.  I had to take her out and do a little discipline!!! I try not to fret about the pictures because it's not going to help anything worrying about it so I try not to think about it much!

So now all the craziness of the last week of school and graduation has come and gone.  I am one happy momma that summer break is finally here! yay!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I can just imagine how excited Josiah was with all of his awards..maybe he gets the need for attention thing from his aunt Melissa..maybe?! lol I loved the pics..I cant believe hes already going into the 1st grade..I might of teared up a little when I looked at the pic of him behind his desk. Tell him I got him a little something..I'll give it to him this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't you tell how Mil Mil worked out a plan to take a break from the ceremony???? Ha! Happy Graduation Josiah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love it! Makes me sooo sad because I have 3 children and my 3rd just graduated Kindergarten:( Glad that Micah and Josiah are gonna take the school journey together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Josiah! It seems like I was just attending your baby shower (with no kids myself!) Jameson will start K-4 his year! Craziness....

    ReplyDelete