Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Titus strikes again

I'm telling ya, there's never a dull moment around here.  Just yesterday Titus and Amelia were playing the WII in the living room so I thought I would take the opportunity to take a much needed relaxing bath.  While soaking in the tub, I could hear Titus laughing.  Well, it's better than hearing them fighting and screaming, right?  Then, I hear keys jingling.  Amelia likes to get our car keys and put them in her cozy coupe so I assumed that is what she was doing.  I finish up my bath and when I get into the hallway, I see a cord wrapped around Maynard's office doorknob.  I follow the cord into Titus's bedroom where he is pulling on the other end.

"Titus, what are you doing?"
"I'm trying to get Millie out."
"Is she in Dad's office, Titus?"
"Yes, and the door is locked."
"How did the door get locked?"
"I did it."
"Why?"
"I don't know."

So, normal families have keys to bedroom doors, right?
Well, this abnormal family doesn't.
I go into panic mode, but yet I am struck with a serious case of giggles. 
I try to coax Amelia into unlocking the door, but she's kind of like her mommy and just didn't understand.
Amelia was as happy as she could be though.  She knows she is not allowed in that office so there were lots of things to explore.  I kept her talking to me though becuase there are tools and nuts, bolts, and screws, and stuff like that in there so I was worried she would get hurt or choke to death on me.  I called Maynard and he was about 30 mins away and told me to take a pipe wrench to the doorknob.

"Amy, use a pipe wrench to pull the doorknob."
"Ok, sure.  What the world does a pipe wrench look like?"
"Good grief, Amy! Do you know what a hammer looks like?"
"Of course I know what a hammer looks like."
"Then get a hammer and beat the doorknob off."
"Ok, where is a hammer at?"
"There's got to be one around there somewhere."
"TITUS, do you know where a hammer is?"
"Sure, Mom! In here."

So Titus finds me a hammer and I start beating the doorknob.  Except, I kind of keep missing the doorknob and at this point the door is looking pretty beat up.

"Amelia, are you ok?"
"I pooped, Mommy." (oh, well, she's ok) Ha!

Finally the door swings open.
"Hi, Mommy!"


So, a locksmith I'm not, but I had to get my baby out of there!!  And was Maynard mad at Titus when he got home? Why no! He was so mad at me for busting his door down.  I'm innocent, the hero and I still get blamed!!!


We also had a spill this weekend in a shopping buggy.  Titus was running around wild so I grabbed him up and put him in the back of the buggy.  While I was putting him in, Amelia was climbing out.  The whole buggy tipped over, and once again I fell right on top of the buggy and onto the kids.  I grabbed my kids and walked straight out to the car in pure embarssment and pain.  My legs were bruised and my toenail had flipped back.  The kiddos were fine, thankfully.  I was scared to death Amelia had broken her leg.

Maynard had a bad attitude yesterday and said, "Put this on your stupid blog."  I was so wounded that he would call my blog stupid, but thankful at the same time for him suggesting what I could put on my blog! HA!!

9 comments:

  1. I just don't know what to say. Really. For once I'm speechless. Keep them coming though Titus, I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am most positive that your blog title REALLY fits your family! Enjoying your post immensely! Tell Maynard thanks for encouraging the blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying laughing here, So glad God gave you an extra helping of patients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!!!!!!! Your blog is my entertainment, Amy. Love it, love it, love it! BTW, I'm glad every one's okay and I hope your legs and toe nail heal fast! OUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, I was talking to Jackie while reading this and I was telling her all about it... and there's just something about the way you word stuff... makes everything way more hilarious! I love reading your blogs... I just wish you could blog everyday, I'd get my daily dose of laughter ((and tears)). Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bad case of NO SLEEP tonight and thought I'd check up on everyone's blog. I am sitting here laughing my head off at you! You stinkin' crack me up! I always thought I was the only one that did 'stuff' but I think you and I could become really good friends. Or dangerous friends, one or the other. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, you are absolutely hilarious!! I agree with everyone else....i love your blogs. I can expect to roll with laughter everytime I read a new post from you. I don't suspect there is ever a dull moment in your house :) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should have stuck a card in the doorjamb it would have opened like a jar of pickles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that thanks to a tip my brother gave me when he broke in my front door. I have never felt safe since then!!!!

      Delete