Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

We spend Christmas at my parent's house which is about 2 1/2 hrs away from here. We just pack up the kid's gifts and the open them Christmas morning before everyone gets there. It would be nice to have Christmas at home, but I know my mom and dad won't always be around so until then, that's what we will continue to do. My kids got about 7-8 gifts from us. Their favorites was Josiah's Ds xl and Titus's drum set, and Amelia said hers was her pink sparkly boots. Ha All my family came in and the grandkids exchanged gifts and the adults played White Elephant and Dirty Santa. It was very interesting this year. Our White Elephant gifts get crazier every year. About 7 that night Titus was asking to go home because we only told him about his drum set when he opened the drum sticks. He wanted to get home and play his drums. Titus has a passion for the drums. He eats and sleeps with drums on the brain. He has a little tykes, my first drum, from his first b-day and he still packs it around and him 5 yrs old. He had it just yesterday and I figured it would be old news by now, but I guess not. The kids slept all the way home and was refreshed once they were actually allowed to open their toys and play with them. At 2 a.m. in the morning the drums were still going strong. I had to finally make them go to bed. What a wonderful Christmas season this has been. Thank you, God for the greatest gift, Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds Like they enjoyed their gifts! Gonna hafta try and top the white elephant gift next year, right Amy!!!!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete