Thursday, November 27, 2014

Fish Tales

Every year LCA has their Thanksgiving program. My boys look forward to it every year. 
Kindergarten always has their own special thing they do so this was Titus' first time to be in the actual program. To say he was really excited would be an understatement. Before the program  started he literally was shaking with excitement. I had a hard time corralling him and was thankful to pass him on to his teachers. 

We had dinner first before the program. 

Of course later we were told that Josiah had took the special exit along with the elders and handicap people. He wasn't a bit remorseful, but very excited that he was in the front of the line. Titus figured he would take care of the situation and go tell the principal on him. Ha ha. Sorry. If you cross Titus he will go straight to the authorities and rat you out. Blood kin or not. 

After dinner we all gathered in the sanctuary and the program began. 

The kindergarten class did their part and it was only 3 boys, but they were adorable. 

Then the high school class sang and the girls did a song in sign language. 
After the program they took a group picture and I seen this picture on Instagram later that night. I noticed someone very familiar in the picture. Someone who thinks she is a teenager. 

Now it was time for Fish Tales. It was a cute play about various stories in the bible about fish and how Jesus wants us to be Fishers of men. 


There was a song where the boys played a gazoo.  Titus was stoked about that. At the beginning of play practice he was a little worried about learning how to play a gazoo in only 3 weeks. Ha ha. He loved to brag that he had a speaking part in the play and Josiah didn't. Here's his speaking part:

Hey!  It may have been one word, but by George it was a speaking part. 

Josiah's part in the play was he was in a mariachi band as the trumpet player. These guys were hilarious. They had everyone rolling. 


Here's Josiah's part even though I caught only the end of it and you couldn't hear the trumpet for all of the clapping. 

I love that my boys get into acting like me and Maynard both always did. I always want them to have confidence to be able to have parts in plays in front of big crowds.

I didn't get a good picture of Titus because I literally couldn't keep him still long enough to get a good picture. He was all over the place. 

Oh, one thing I wanted to add. The tables were all decorated in the gym and it looked so nice. In the middle of each table was a little tree with leaves on them that each student had written what they were thankful for. 

I just had to find my boy's leaves. 

Somehow I knew food was going to be on Josiah's leaf. I was just glad he added other things as well. 

Titus is thankful for the World. 
Not what I was expecting. Lol
However, I am sure he meant the "world" as in the universe we live in and not the "world" as in non believers. Ha ha

It was a super cute program with a good message. 

And next year if there is a vacant spot needing a princess pilgrim, then Amelia would gladly fill that spot. 

You try to get her out of those sparkly boots!!!  Go ahead. I dare ya!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment