Friday, November 7, 2014

Titus turns 7

"How many days until my Birthday, Mom?"

"Now how many days?"

"Now how many days?"

"Now how many days?"

Let's just say I was as happy as a Titus was for his Birthday to actually get here. 

His Birthday was Thursday, October 30. It just so happened that school was closed that Thursday and Friday. I thought that was pretty cool, but of course he would have rather went to school.  
They decided to celebrate his birthday at school on Wednesday. I asked him what he wanted to bring and he said iced cookies. He's talking about those Lofthouse sugar cookies with cake icing on them. So I took him to Krogers that night before and let him pick them out. He was really excited. 

He enjoyed his special day at school. 

Thursday morning he was up bright and early. After all, this was the day he had waited so long for. 

I fixed a big breakfast which is a treat around here. 
Titus volunteered to pray for the food. He tried to eat, but said he didn't feel good. I

He kept asking for his presents and I wanted to wait until Maynard got home before he opened them, but it was more than a little body can handle. I got the ok by Maynard so I told him he could go ahead and open them. 
He was slightly excited. 

We got him a basketball and a football. He was thrilled. 

When we asked him what he wanted for his birthday he would say "Nike Air Jordans."  Maynard began looking on Ebay and we soon realized that Nike Air Jordan's just meant high top tennis shoes to him. He ended up finding 2 pair and one was actually Nike air Jordan's. We won the bid and got a great deal on both pairs. Only problem was they were gonna be delivered after his birthday. Titus was really excited about receiving the shoes, but I wanted to him to have something to open on his birthday so that's why I got the basketball and football. 

So when you give the "Bday Boy" a basketball and a football, he will ask to go to the park to play ball. It was a beautiful day with just a little chill to the air so we went to play ball. Titus was already coughing and his asthma was bothering him. I hated to tell him no so I figured a little while wouldn't  hurt. 

They played awhile and then he was complaining he couldn't breathe good. Before you know it I looked over and seen this. 
They drug blankets, I hadn't unpacked from camping, out of the van and were all layed out. Titus felt rotten. So I asked him where he wanted to eat at. He has been begging to try a new restaraunt here in town out called Bojangles. So it was no surprise to me when he said, "Bojangles."

You probably noticed the thumbs down in the picture. They didn't like it all. Poor kid!  He has looked forward to eating there for awhile and when he got to eat there on his bday he hated it. 

We left there and went to another park to play. I set up obstacle courses for them and they raced each other. Then we swung for awhile. Titus couldn't believe I could swing as high as he could. (I wouldn't admit that it was making me dizzy). 

We went and picked up Titus bday cake and then we went home to get dressed for church. After church a few of us went to McDonalds to eat and then have Bday cake. Titus finally perked up when he realized it was time for bday cake. 

He had asked for a civil war drummer boy cake. 


Poor kid. His asthma and cough was so bad he had a hard time blowing out his candles. Amelia actually helped out much to his dismay so we had to relight them. 

The next day was Halloween and the kids were excited about going to the Party Palace with First Pentecostal. They do this every year for kids to have an alternative for Halloween. They get to play on the inflatables and get pizza and candy. It helps them not feel left out because we don't celebrate Halloween. 

Titus also received his shoes in the mail that day. 

He was so proud of them. Even at the party palace he was afraid to put them in the shoe locker. I had to hold them and promise not to set them down. 

He took them off, put them on, took them off......... He still had a hard time breathing and kept coming to find me every few minutes. 

He went to the dr this week and had an ear infection and bronchitis. Poor little guy had to be sick on his birthday. He's on steriods and breathing treatments and if you have read my posts any amount of time than you know that steriods make him crazy hyper. I sent this text to his teacher the night before he went to school on steriods. 


So the next day I asked her how he did? She seemed a little frazzled and said he did jump off a few tables and desktops during the day. She said she didn't give him any demerits, but the next day would be different. I couldn't help but laugh when I told her that he would be on the medicine for 4 more days. Ha ha

We got the birthdays over with until January and now it's time to concentrate on Christmas!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment