Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fishing and a camper

I was forced against my will to go fishing the other day. I'm just not into that kinda thing. I don't like tall grass, weeds,bugs, snakes, frogs, or any critter for that matter. I mean Im the person who takes a shower after I pet a dog. Any winged animal is completely out of the question. Ducks, chickens, and birds. I got chased by a swan at the park when I was a kid and I have been scared every since then. Did I mention frogs? Eww! I would rather a mouse or spider crawl on me than for a frog to even get close. If I was Pharoh back in Eygpt, I would have let the Israelites go just as soon as I had seen the first frog. For some reason we have lots of frogs in our yard this year. My kids just carry them around. Even Amelia will hold one. Eww! Oh, about that fishing trip. We found a nice "private drive, do not enter" place to fish. They provided benches, picnic table, a nice mowed area to fish. It was great, how kind of them. Ha! Titus caught 2 fish within the first 15 mins and then he dumped our worms out into the water. I guess he didn't want us to catch more than him. Maynard dug up a cew more worms and we continued to fish. I say we because I was hooked ya'll. I loved it. I baited me and Josiah's hooks and casted like a pro. Everyone was in the car ready to go when Maynard hollered, "reel it in, Amy. We gotta go. I had to drag you out here now I can't make you leave. I really enjoyed it. I didn't catch anything but neither did Maynard so that was cool. If he had caught any I would still be there trying to beat him. Ha! My other great news is that we bought a camper. It's only a pop-up, but we don't care. We will upgrade later, but this will work for now. I am very excited about camping with my family. It will make for good memories and I am so excited. I have graduated from sleeping in a tent. Yay, I am so excited. Enjoy some pictures.

6 comments:

  1. This is really hard for me to imagine! We dont fish or like any type of animals in general..lol Remember that one time at Danny Morris's when I won the fishing tournament and all I caught was a turtle & a boot? Danny made everyone give their winnings to me? LOL Todd was so mad! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least you caught something even if it was a boot. I just like casting it in over and over. we dropped the kids off @ their mamaws today so we could go to a homecoming. I looked at Maynard and said, "lets just go fishing instead." lol

      Delete
  2. I am so proud of you! Raising children will make you do all kinds of crazy things!! Congratulations! When are we going camping??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Congratulations on the camper~ Fishing is fun until you actually catch a fish and then you got to figure out how to get it off the hook without actually touching the thing! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....maybe you'll become the next Steve Irwin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you saying you want me to get eaten by an alligator? Our was it a crocodile?

      Delete