Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day 2012 ~~**edited~~** Again...

Just wanted to remind everyone that I'm Dad's favorite. Go ahead and ask him, I'm sure that's what he'll tell ya, I'm sure of it. Ha! Dad has given us quite a scare over the last few years with his health.He has scared us to death with several heart attacks, open heart surgery, diverticulitis,surgery to remove polyps and part of his intestines, many other illnesses such as diabetes, and heart disease in which they said there wasn't anything else they can do for him. The latest scare which just happened this past week was he was found outside in his truck suffering from a mini-stroke. He was hospitalized and further tests revealed a small aneruesym on his brain. The good news is that it can be treated with medication at this point, but it will still have to be carefully watched by his dr. He been released from the hospital, but he still feels so bad. Please help me pray for my Dad that the Lord will touch him and give him many more years on this Earth. My Dad is actually passing through town and I will get to spend Father's day wth him on Sunday. That reminds me, I need to go buy him a present real quick. Ha! I truly love my Dad and I am so thankful for each sacrafice he gave for many years in raising all 7 of us kids. I also want to say happey father's day to my hubby. He is such a good Dad to my kids and a great provider. I love you Dad and Maynard. ** Dad is in ER here at local hospital. He is having a hard time breathing and they are running a bunch of tests. I'm guessing he is in Congestive heart failure, but we should find out in a little bit. Please keep praying. He feels really bad.**Dad's bloodwork shows he has had a heart attack. He may have a heart Cath tonight or in the morning.««UPDATE»» Dad came through the heart Cath ok,but not with results we were hoping for. His arteries around his heart is so diseased and he has many blockages. His body was not able to handle surgery or stents yesterday so they want to let him heal up and then maybe a bypass a little later. He is anxious to get home, but his sugar was 450 this morning so they will keep him until it goes down. Of course, we did fed him m&m's right after surgery but the poor man hadn't eaten in almost 24 hrs. Do you believe he ate those laying flat on his back? Ha! Please keep paying. Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. umm...Dad kinda looks mad in that picture.... and you are grinning away. What did you say to him????
    Or who's holding the camera? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wasn't allowed to smile because he was getting ready to preach Papaw Taylor's funeral. I am smiling because that unfortunately, is what I do at funerals. I get nervous and sad and the giggles take over.

      Delete
  2. Amie if this were facebook then I would be able to like the comment above but since you are only a blogger I can only tell you I like it and it made me laugh..the part about you smiling..LOL second of all I think if Maybard reads this he is going to be jealous cause you just threw him in on the last sentence..ha anywayyy good picture of the two of you.. I would "like" the picture but once again your not on facebook just a blogger! lol but seriously your not dads favorite..really! He told me so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm not the favorite then I know for sure you ain't. I really think I am though. I may have to do a little further investigation. And so you know I am anti-facebook. At least that's what my pastor preaches. He ain't found out about blogging yet., lol

      Delete
    2. blogging is facebook..LOL and I know im not the favorite (im the rebellious one)..I think we should just both agree that its Jacob and move on with our lives! :)

      Delete
    3. No, I dont quite agree with that. Dad refuses to answer me. He did mention that Christy "faxed" him and reminded him that she was his favorite. However, I'm sure he meant text. lol

      Delete
    4. hahaha now see that would be another comment that I would have like had you had facebook..lol I also "faxed" him earlier today..lol

      Delete