Friday, August 8, 2014

Best VBS ever!!!!

I love Vacation Bible School. I'd let my kids go to one every week of the summer if I could. We went to one vbs this summer and my kids didn't want to go back. It was so modernized. Everything was done on big screen by DVD. Dancing to songs was their priority. My boys were embarrassed and Amelia..... Well, Amelia didn't care to boogie. We all know that. Lol
For craft time they were handed a plastic toy. Their lesson consisted of literature being passed out. There was no imagination or creativity to it whatsoever. So my kids, who beg to so something ALL the time, did not want to go back the next night. 

I remember VBS being amazing when I was a kid. We had our lesson, done a get your hands dirty craft, and then had 2 cookies and red koolaide. What was more to love than that? Lol

We were invited to another VBS here locally, but that very week our schedule was crazy and we didn't get to attend. 

It looked like the kids wouldn't get to attend a VBS this year after all. 

Then I seen on IG where Liberty Pentecostal was going to have VBS. I made a mental note to remember to take the kids. I could tell by the pictures they were posting that they were putting a lot of work into it. I knew that was the VBS we were looking for. 

We arrived on Wednesday evening and dropped the kids off. I knew most of the people there and knew my kids were in safe hands.  My IG friend Heather had already reassured me that her mother had a First Aide "backpack" with her and that she herself knew how to use an Epi Penn. The reason for all this is because my kids had 2 head injuries that same week. They had seen enough of my IG pictures to know that danger follows my children around. (Or vice versa)

I did a little happy dance when the kids were safely inside and Maynard and I had a few hours to ourselves. We went school shopping and had a nice dinner at a Mexican restaraunt we had never been to before. I did get a phone call while we were out. I won't lie. My heart did a flip flop when I seen Sister Wavelene's number across the screen. All sorts of things were running through my mind as to what in the world had happened already. 
She ended up only wanting to make sure Amelia was allowed to eat the snack they had given her. Wasn't that sweet??? Amelia has a few food allergies and they knew about that from IG. Amelia had 2 pink iced cookies with sprinkles. I guess to make sure they didn't take them away she quickly took a bite out of each one. Lol. I assured them that she would be just fine. 

When we stopped by to pick up the kids I was greeted by everyone and they were all so kind and welcoming. 

My kids talked nonstop on the way home about how much fun they had. 

The next night they were supposed to dress up in western gear. So instead of waiting until the next day, they all went straight to their rooms and began dragging out their western outfits. It took me forever to settle them down and into bed. It may have been a mixture of excitement and the iced cookies. Ha ha

From the time they woke up Thursday morning until it was time to go back to VBS that night, all I heard was, "is it almost time for VBS? "When are we going to VBS?  How many hours until VBS?"  They were driving me bonkers. 

Thank goodness. It was finally time to go to VBS. 

Here they are all ready to go in their Western outfits. 

Thursday night is actually a regular church service for us. We decided to go ahead and allow the kids to go to vbs because they are too young to go to youth camps and this was geared more for their age. 

After church was over we went to pick them up. A boy named Isaac walked Josiah to our car. He told Josiah, "I sure have had a good time with you this week."
My heart just about melted. They stood there all decked out looking like cowboys just talking and playing until it was time for us to leave. 
They had made slime that night, but I was quick to conviscate it. They've made that before and I know what it does to carpet. Just saying. Ha ha

Once again they had a blast and I heard all about it. I even heard how the boys were winning in the offering and how it was my fault because I didn't give Amelia enough money. 

On the way home Titus said he had left his handcuffs back at the church. I asked him where he left them and he said, "Last I seen them was down in the basement where I handcuffed a little boy to the table."
So to be on the safe side, I text Shawna to make sure she checked the basement before everyone went home. Ha ha

Friday night was going to be a special night. A fire truck was coming to let the kids play in the water sprayer and there was going to be a dunking booth. Oh, and there was going to be pizza. It was just a win win situation. 

It was family night so Maynard and I both got to attend. 

Welcome to Discovery City. 


 It was decorated so neat and their backdrop work was very nice. They had to have spent a lot of time on this. 

The kiddos turned in their offerings and sang their theme song. All I know is I finally figured out where "Searching Searching" was coming from. That's all the kids kept singing for 3 days. Apparently that was the only part they could remember. Ha ha

They went to class for awhile and then came back up for a skit and awards. 
The skit was hilarious and we even got see someone get a pie in the face. It was great. 

My award pics are dark and blurry, but oh well.  

Amelia was so proud of her "trophy". I think that was the first time she had ever been called up for an award and she was extremely proud. 

Here's Josiah and Titus with theirs. Sorry the pic is so dark. I was too embarrassed to stand up and get a good picture. Ha ha

Pizza time!!!!



After their pizza it was time to turn the water on. There was also a dunking booth, but my kids stayed right with the fire truck the whole time about it. 

I love love love this picture of Josiah. You can see the pure joy on his face. 

How cool is it to get sprayed from a fire truck?!?!?

They played for along time and loved every minute of it. 

Here's a pic of me and Heather. Heather posted on IG that my kids were even more dangerous than her own. I had to clarify that the fire truck was called before my kids even got there. Ha ha

Amelia's little class. She made lots of friends. Look how big she is compared to all the other littles. 
*We went to Steak and Shake Sunday night after church and Amelia went right over and set with that little girl she's sitting by in this picture. I loved it. Amelia doesn't have many friends her own age.*

We left VBS Friday night with three tired kiddos. Josiah cried and boo-hooed all the way home. He said he was going to miss Isaac and he just didn't want VBS to be over because he had a lot of fun. 
It reminded me of being sad when youth camp was over and you knew you wouldn't to get to see all your new friends for a long time. So I knew how he felt and tried my best to console him. 

So a big thanks goes to Liberty Pentecostal for not only inviting us to VBS, but also for making us feel so welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Awe! I'm so glad they got to come! They seemed to have really enjoy it. Looks like Amelia needs Abigail like Isaac needs Josiah. We definitely need to get together more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture of your kids is just way to cute! Very photogenic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete