Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Rag curls and helpers

I have been intrigued by you-tube hair tutorials. I mean they make it look so easy. I just can't fix hair. I never have and it looks like I never will. 

Not sure if it was an inside joke or what, but God seemed to humor me with a daughter that was born with lots of hair. She is 4 1/2 and has hair past her behind already. 

Saturday morning I bribed her into playing games on my phone if she would let me play with her hair. She hates letting me fix her hair. She agreed and I went straight to work trying to recreate something I had seen on you-tube. 

As you can tell from the picture I nailed it. Peice of cake. 

Ok, that's not true at all. Ha ha. 

Later that night I talked Amelia into letting me put rags in hair to make Rag Curls. 
For some reason she completely agreed. 

 She looked like a giant pink mop. 

I figured she would fight me over sleeping in it, but she fell asleep on the couch so I didn't bother waking her up. 

Sunday morning she had some pretty curls after the rags were removed. 

This is a pic as soon as the rags were removed. 

Then I fixed her hair into a big girl do. 

 Amelia was in LOVE!!!

She was so excited over her hair that she literally could not be still at church. She was constantly flipping her hair around or looking in a pocket mirror. She even applied several coats of Chapstick while checking her looks in her mirror.

Amelia's hair is super straight so the curls didn't last long. By Sunday night her curls were gone, but she still had some waves. 
 

Here's what my boys have been up to. 
Maynard preached on a Thursday night and asked Josiah to help him read his scripture. Josiah was thrilled to help. He actually read the wrong verses at first, but somehow they went right along with Maynard's message anyway. 

I also have started cleaning the kitchen at LCA this year. Titus makes a break for the kitchen as soon as he is dismissed from class. He loves to help me mop. 
 It's a big job so sometimes I look forward to his help. Josiah has decided he likes to mop too so now they try to beat each other to the kitchen. I've been trying to get done a little earlier to head off a fight over the mop. 

4 comments:

  1. Amelia looks like you in a picture I saw the other day of you at Shady Springs Youth Camp....hair was all poofy...and cute! ha!
    You'll have to tell me about how you became the LCA kitchen maid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her Rag curls turned out beautiful... she has a gorgeous head of hair! LaDessa has never agreed to let me try it on her hair. She doesn't much patience...if I am fixing her hair, she wants it pretty, but wants to see the end results quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Titus tell you about his teacher + 2 or 3 kids getting slammed with a Basketball the other day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those rag curls! I may have to try that with mine...

    ReplyDelete