Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A slight misunderstanding......

So if you follow me on Instagram then you already know about this, but I wanted to blog about it anyway. I don't really mind if I have a lot of readers or followers, I blog because later on in life I want my kids to be able to read my old posts. I use it like a journal, I suppose. 

Anyway........

I was reading a chapter book to the kids a couple weeks ago. Part of the story was these 2 kid's dad was taking them to a cabin for a short vacation. En route to the cabin, they stopped at a store. Their Dad told them to grab a shopping cart and get whatever pop and snacks they wanted for the trip. 

So the nerd in me told my kids to go grab their notebooks. I told them they had 10 mins to write down their shopping list. We were gonna pretend we were going on a trip and they had 10 minutes to grab whatever snack they wanted. Only instead, they were just gonna write it on their list. 

I helped Amelia with hers. Most of her list was healthy items. She loves fruit!!

Josiah and Titus were extremely happy as they kept thinking of things to write down. 

When their 10 minutes were up I told them to start reading what they put in their shopping buggy. 

It was cute and a lot of fun. 

However, somewhere along the way Titus had failed to realize that we were only pretending. 
I'm not sure how he missed it. 
When he found out we were only imagining, he was furious. 

He said he hated that stupid book. He also hated the stupid library for letting us check out such a stupid book. Ha ha

He ripped up his list and continued to ignore me for about an hour. 

Here he has his fingers in his ears not wanting to hear me talk. He was so disappointed that he wasn't going to get all that junk on his list. 

Even though Josiah and Amelia knew we were pretending the whole time, Titus somehow missed that info, so it did kind of make me feel bad. I decided to ask them if they were allowed to get one thing on their list what would it be. 

Amelia shouted, "Watermelon."
Josiah shouted, "Angel good Cake."

Titus shouted, "Beef Turkey!" Lol. I have told him it's called beef jerky a blue million times, but he just can't seem to comprehend it. 

So I told them we would go to the store the next day and they each could choose their special treat. 

I know this is a horrible picture, but it was the best out of 5. The sun was killing their eyes. They were all pretty excited with their treats. 

Here I was trying to be an educational, cool Mom and ended up hurting Titus' feelings and costing me about $15. Next time I'm gonna keep my creativity to myself and leave that to their teachers at school. 

3 comments:

  1. Ha..cute...Im totally with titus.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the book the First book in the Red rock Mysteries series? Haunted Waters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You are good!! That was the very book.
      You didn't add your name though. Who is this? I'm just curious.

      Delete