Saturday, August 16, 2014

Breakfast is the most important meal!!

I am not a breakfast person. If I eat breakfast foods then I prefer it at supper time. 

Maynard and the kids love breakfast. 

This summer the kids and I slept in a lot. It took awhile to get them to sleep past 7, but they finally broke the routine. Late nights finally took it's toll and sometimes they slept past 10 a.m.

More times than not, we had somewhere we needed to be by 11 so I usually rushed them out the door with promises that I would feed them lunch ASAP. 

Sometimes if we were just home I would put them off an hour and say "it's almost lunchtime so I'll fix ya some lunch here in a minute."

Then at the end of the day I would get quizzed on, "Did we eat lunch". I would reply, "Yes, we had such and such."  
"No. That was breakfast."
"No, we didn't eat breakfast, that was lunch."
<Insert whining and tears>

I can't help it. I would rather eat lunch than breakfast any day. 

So apparently since over the summer and actually a little last school year, Amelia has developed a "not eating breakfast phobia". 

She will not leave the house without eating. Even on school days I promise her we will come right back and eat. She will have no part of it. 

Check her breakfast out. Honey Puff cereal, PB crackers, nutria grain bar, and 2 waters.   

Heaven forbid this child not get her breakfast. 

I do make sure the boys eat breakfast on school mornings. It's just the summer got us all out of wack. 

I went from worrying about Amelia not eating to worrying that she won't ever stop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment