Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Our new swimming hole

I had heard that a motel here in town allowed people to pay to swim in their outside pool. Last Monday I thought we would go check it out because the rest of the week looked like it was going to be rainy. 

It was $6 a person and they could swim from 1-6. I thought that was pretty reasonable. 


When we got there we had the pool to ourselves except for two older women sunbathing. 

This was Josiah's 1st time back in the pool since his ear scare. I still made him wear ear plugs, but they kept popping out. Finally, we just gave up on them. Hopefully he won't get an ear infection from it. 


I am so happy with the Puddle Jumper we got for Amelia. It's like a life jacket and very trustworthy, unlike her blow up floaties she usually wears. Amelia was all over the pool. Her brothers were mad because they wasn't allowed past a certain spot. 


They took a little break for a picnic lunch. 



I had posted a picture on Instagram that we were at the pool. Soon after that I had some extra kiddos wanting to swim with us. Which was fine with me. My kids always have more fun with other kids around. 

These boys are the best of friends. 

We stayed as long as we could and then all too soon it was 6 pm. Time to dry off and change. Titus was the hardest to get out. He did not want to leave. 

I'm hoping we will get to go back before school starts. This week the weather has been too cool. Isn't that crazy?  The last week of July and it's too cold to swim. Amelia played outside today and came in and asked for her jacket. Last week she said it was too hot to play outside. 

Gotta love KY weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment