Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Our 4th July 2014

4th July fell on a Friday this year. Maynard was off work and so it made it even more special. 

I got up and started fixing pancakes and then the very last minute I used a medicine dropper and made Stars and Stripes out of the extra batter.  It's the little things that make my kids happy sometimes. 

We hung around the house all day and Maynard hooked up the play station.  He and the boys played about all afternoon. 

We left around supper and decided to celebrate the 4th by eating at Shiloh's. It's a tad expensive to eat there not during lunchtime, but my kids asked for salad. I love that they are on a salad kick right now.  So we ordered two chicken salads and fed all of us. The salads are huge. Plus, we kept the yeast rolls coming too. 

Our city was hosting a Red White and Boom celebration so I thought I would take the kids by to check it out. The first thing we seen was inflatables. The kids took off a running. Unfortunately, they got scared at the top. 


Amelia would not slide down. She insisted on walking back down. The line continued to grow awaiting other kid's turn to slide. 

This picture cracks me up.  Maynard was pleading with her to hurry up and get down. Ha ha

Titus did go down the next slide. He said it wasn't as steep. 

Then they spotted a bungee jumping line. They begged and begged so we stood in line for 45 mins until it was finally their turn. 


Amelia jumped really high. She loved it. 

Josiah didn't get much higher than that, but he said he couldn't get his feet down far enough to push up. 


Titus was either staring up at what held it all together or down at the trampoline. He was a bit nervous, if you believe that. 

We got us some water and cotton candy and then went to the petting zoo. 



There were lots of other things to do like face painting, zip lines, train rides, but by now it was getting later and getting more crowded. All the lines were long and we had waited forever already for the bungee jumping. Maynard was ready to go. Plus the loud music was wearing on my nerves. We left there and went to find our special parking spot to watch the fireworks. We found a great construction site that included a porta (porter)potty. That is an important detail if you read my last post. 

I put this picture on Instagram asking who people thought the first kid to climb the fence would be. It was Titus and I know that shocks everyone reading this. He didn't cross over, but he did make it almost all the way up. 

Amelia was entertaining herself in my mirror. 


We enjoyed an awesome firework show. I laughed all the way through it because of a 2 yr old girl next to us. Apparently she expected the fireworks to be all pink. I kid you not. The first firework was gold or green and this little girl began to wail and scream, "I want pink. I want pink!!"  Her parents tried to get her to hush the whole time. I think the whole crowd was relieved when there was red fireworks because the parents passed them off as being pink to their little princess. 

I hope everyone had a great 4th!!  I love all holidays and especially the ones where you get to spend time with your family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment