Tuesday, July 15, 2014

More Play Dates and a Mad Scientist

There's only so much playing with your brothers until you just need to have a friend of your own to come over. 

I called a little friend of Amelia's, that she doesn't get to see very often, and invited her over for a few hours to play. So far all summer we've had boys over and I thought it would be a nice surprise for her. 

Amelia was beyond excited. She refused to share Myia with Josiah and Titus. I mean she would yell like crazy if they came in her room. Which the boys thought was so unfair because she always plays with them and their friends. She may have even once attacked one of their friends with a tennis racket because he wouldn't play Barbies with her. Luckily his Mom knows Amelia and understands her. Ha ha

After playing at home they decided they wanted to go to craft/story time at the library. 

Storytime

Craft-time. 


Myia is really funny. Like she's bad, but funny. Lol. They were building towers and Amelia turned her head and Myia knocked down Amelia's tower. Then Myia knocked her own tower down and yelled, "Amelia!!!"  Amelia was confused, but I was cracking up. 

Then they had a puppet show, complete with an audience, and I will admit to being a tad nervous on how it would go. Between the two of them I figured it may contain some violence. 
It actually went good until somehow the puppet show turned into a game of tag, which I'm pretty sure is not allowed at the library. 

All too soon it was time to bring Myia home and Amelia was heartbroken. She cried and cried when we dropped her off because it would be too long before she got to see her again. 

The next day we went back to the library to see the Mad Scientist show. I was bored to tears because I'm not into science, but the kids seemed to enjoy it. 
I do have to admit the remote control shark balloon was pretty cool. 


Then they went outside and released a balloon with money attached to it. Something to do with gravity and aerodynamic and helium.... Blah blah blah. 

The next day it was pretty hot and humid outside so I drug out the paint. 


I love to paint. I'm horrible at it, but my kids think I'm pretty awesome. I asked Maynard about what grade my painting looked like and he said 5th grade. Ha ha

By Saturday Josiah was begging for someone to come over and play with them.  So we invited Zackery over. He and Josiah were best buddies when they were small. They rarely see each other, but they always pick up where they left off. 

They enjoyed some PS2 for most of the time. Then they wrestled and wrestled some more. Titus was being the punching bag so I finally had to ban the wrestling before it turned real. 
Then they all sat down and looked at a book for awhile. 

Last week was more of a low key week. We wasn't booked solid everyday and it was kind of nice. This week is different though. Stay tuned next week for all our cram packed fun. Summer is winding down and we are trying to enjoy every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment