Monday, July 21, 2014

Funday Monday and Tuesday

Our library has been having Funday Monday at the park every week. We haven't been all summer because Mondays are my days to put my house back together from the weekend. Also the "fun" begins at 9:30 a.m. and well.... 9:30 a.m.  Shall I say more?

Last week we got up a little earlier than normal and the boys asked to go. Normally I give a quick, "not today", but I thought well why not. So we literally all got dressed in less than 30 mins and were out the door. They each ate 3 fig newtons a piece for their breakfast. Umm, yes. That counts as a grain and fruit. Ha

We got to the park and it was cloudy and cool. A perfect park day in my opinion. As soon as they got there they were handed a healthy breakfast. (I didn't know they were doing that). They got Rice Krispies, oranges, and a granola bar. 

After their snack they got to go in the Bookmobile for their first time. 



So many books, so little time!!!!

Funny story about the bookmobile. When it was time to take our books back Josiah was horrified. He thought he got to keep the books he got from the bookmobile. I guess I should have explained it a little better. Ha ha

After the tour of the bookmobile, the local high school cheer team was there to do a demonstration. 

They asked for volunteers and you'll never guess who took off running to join them?
 I thought oh well. 5 minutes ain't gonna kill nobody. 

Then I opened Wednesdaysi paper. 
Well snap!!  Busted!!!  Ha ha

After the cheering/dancing was over, they passed out new books for every kid that was there. 

Each book that each of my children chose describes their personalities to a tee. 

So Funday Monday ended up being pretty cool. Of course, not so cool that I actually wanted to take my kids back this week. You remember what time it started?!?!?

So the next day ended up being a fun day too. Our local inflatable place opened  up for open play instead of the usual party rental. We got our youth group to come play as well as a few other friends. It ended up being a nice little group. We got there at 1 and stayed until 6. 

The Wii on big screen is always fun. 

I spy Titus. 


A slushie break. 

Basketball

Looks like I had way too much fun shooting things in the arcade game. 

Amelia and her little friend from the library had a lot of fun together. 

They also had a fun game of hide and seek. It was the big kids against the little kids. 
The big kids watched where the little kids hid by watching the monitors behind the front desk. Then when it was their turn to hide they hid under the counter there and  no one could ever find them. They are so mean!!!  Ha ha. They had a blast though and so did the employee. She was getting tickled at them. She told me when we left that we had a good bunch of kids and she enjoyed watching them play like they did. 

After we left there we went to McDonalds to meet Ronald McDonald. 


They got their picture taken with him and then got to see a magic show. Then they all had $1.99 Happy Meals. 

It was the perfect finish to a perfect day. 

Then we all went home and collapsed. 

The end. 

1 comment:

  1. Fun days are sooo much fun! We love them here! My parents have done the fun days for me these last few weeks, of course they have enjoyed every minute of it! Having a little one makes things a bit harder for mom ma. lol!

    ReplyDelete